Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i plan on having my tune changed from my current 87 octane tune to the premium 91 octone tune and bumping up my shift setting from 2 to 3. Is there a noticeable difference between the 87 and 91 tune? I read up on the shift settings and I feel that I would have more fun with #3. I couldn't find much on the different tunes. I have an aftermarket muffler, K&N drop in and had the crushed exhaust pipe replaced with "non-crushed pipe". So essentially, I should be flowing better than the stock exhaust. I guess GM crushed the exhaust pipe to clear the torsion bars. Any clarification would be awesome. Thanks

Also, I had my vehicle tuned before I had any mods done to it. So would these mods being factored into the premium tune make a difference?

·
Registered
676 Posts
yep there is. i went from 87 to 93 tune. biggest difference i felt was down low. it pulls allot harder off the line.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I've got mine at 89 octane in case I can't find higher octane. #3 on the trans shift is perfect for me. It seems harsh at first, but you get used to the firm shifts.

List your mods on the request when sending in your new tune order. I added my cat deletion and custom intake on the form. I think each mod you do calls for slight changes on the tune, but they can tell you best how that works.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought they tune for 91 octane. Its damn near impossible to find 93 octane over here

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok cool. Thanks Kelly. Atleast then I have 2 guaranteed options for fuel and I am getting the most performance out of my truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts