Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2.8 dmax and im considering 2 tuning options... would like feedback on both possibly.

1. Stealth piggyback module.
Personally i call bullsh!t on the hp claims considering it only adds fuel an no timing or boost.

2. Green diesel engineering compliant tune.
Claims roughly 40hp for a "hot" tune while retaining all dpf,egr,cat junk.

Hoping someone may have tried both an can give feedback.

· Registered
7,170 Posts
There's a giant pinned thread on tunes in the diesel section.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

· Registered
7,170 Posts
How do you like your gde tune?
I like it. I'll preface that by saying when I initially installed it close to a year or so ago it felt very rough and unrefined so I went back to stock. GDE reached out later after seeing my complaints and wanted me to get some data logs so they could figure out why it wasn't running right, so I installed the stock tire size tune (I installed a speedo calibration module after going back to stock due to my tires) and it was a night and day difference. Now it was smooth with OEM refinement and a nice performance/response boost. So now I'm happy with it.

I'd also suggest checking out Duramax Tuner, they also provide quality tunes and even offer a switch-on-the-fly option.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it. I'll preface that by saying when I initially installed it close to a year or so ago it felt very rough and unrefined so I went back to stock. GDE reached out later after seeing my complaints and wanted me to get some data logs so they could figure out why it wasn't running right, so I installed the stock tire size tune (I installed a speedo calibration module after going back to stock due to my tires) and it was a night and day difference. Now it was smooth with OEM refinement and a nice performance/response boost. So now I'm happy with it.

I'd also suggest checking out Duramax Tuner, they also provide quality tunes and even offer a switch-on-the-fly option.

Awesome! I personally would delete this truck an get it tuned for real or atleast gut the cat and holesaw an straight pipe the dpf to maintain factory appearance an have a good tune done for the truck, but like i said my father owns the truck so im just getting information for him.

· Banned
124 Posts
Awesome! I personally would delete this truck an get it tuned for real or atleast gut the cat and holesaw an straight pipe the dpf to maintain factory appearance an have a good tune done for the truck, but like i said my father owns the truck so im just getting information for him.

Attachments

· Registered
646 Posts
I just bought a GDE tune the other day. Waiting for the flasher to come in the mail. I've got the itch after daily driving my brz all summer. How far have people actually pushed these blocks? I know the DT44 got to 300ish but tuned at 280whp. Like is it out of cam or injector? It would be pretty cool if the block could take a bigger turbo and bigger injectors.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought a GDE tune the other day. Waiting for the flasher to come in the mail. I've got the itch after daily driving my brz all summer. How far have people actually pushed these blocks? I know the DT44 got to 300ish but tuned at 280whp. Like is it out of cam or injector? It would be pretty cool if the block could take a bigger turbo and bigger injectors.
Ive seen a truck listed at near 500hp compound turbo

· Registered
163 Posts
The limit isn't the cam or injectors, its the rods. Above 260whp they are the weak point.

Ive seen a truck listed at near 500hp compound turbo
Links to this? I doubt it, even with compounds and the 100% of excergy injectors you'd be lucky to push 400whp.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The limit isn't the cam or injectors, its the rods. Above 260whp they are the weak point.

Links to this? I doubt it, even with compounds and the 100% of excergy injectors you'd be lucky to push 400whp.

· Registered
163 Posts
That whole article reads like BULLSHIT!
View attachment 437835
I was thinking the same. I can't find anything else on this truck anywhere. If it really was making that much power it would have been more talked about, there would be dyno sheets and videos. Not a single youtube video of this truck. Even checked the shops facebook and instagrams and they never posted anything about this truck...

If i was a diesel performance shop that built a 460whp LWN i would be bragging and showing it off everywhere. I call BS

Reactions: Diesel-N-Dust

· Banned
124 Posts
I was thinking the same. I can't find anything else on this truck anywhere. If it really was making that much power it would have been more talked about, there would be dyno sheets and videos. Not a single youtube video of this truck. Even checked the shops facebook and instagrams and they never posted anything about this truck...

If i was a diesel performance shop that built a 460whp LWN i would be bragging and showing it off everywhere. I call BS
Eggzactly, the article is complete Bullshit.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a duramax tuners heavy tow tune 38 hp and 58 lb ft torque with a trans tune from them as well the truck has much more usable power its a night and day difference. I went with duramax tuners because they will answer any questions offer a mil discount and there tuning is specific to the dpf systems not creating more soot and making sure its reliable.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts