Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took my truck in and they wouldn’t listen to me and I was told I had to pay $300 for a transmission flush and if it still does it then they will have to replace my torque converter. They also tell me there isn’t any update

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got mine done. Said they couldn't find any problem the first time (not that it was that big of an issue) so the second time I took them the tsb. Definitely makes a difference with throttle response. I can see how the mileage might go down, but time will tell.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
In response to my OP I think I resolved my problem after getting the firmware update. I ended up replacing my vapor purge valve and the truck is driving great. No sputtering, no hesitation, nothing but smooth cruisin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I took my truck in to get this TSB done and while I hate being suspicious of something. Is there a way to tell if they applied the flash besides just the feeling of the shift changes? Like being able to take it to another credible mechanic who can check the firmware version?
Had mine done yesterday (16 canyon) huge difference.
My dealer had not done one before.
Like driving my friends hemi roadrunner compared to before.
Makes me wonder in your case honestly. You should have had a smile going after the first mile or two.
This was #18-NA-145.

·
Registered
160 Posts
My truck was built in the summer of '16 and I've had two updates done - the one released in the latter half of 2016, and the one from last year. Each one makes a huge, easily discernible difference in driveability compared to the previous. As the poster above says - if you aren't sure, it may not have happened.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
ok the hesitation is back. it seemed to be gone for awhile after the replacement of the part but now the acceleration hesitation is back after a very warm day and me driving home later in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
ok the hesitation is back. it seemed to be gone for awhile after the replacement of the part but now the acceleration hesitation is back after a very warm day and me driving home later in the afternoon.
How warm is warm? 96 here today, warm but not real hot
any mods to your truck, like CAI(cold air intake)?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
When it’s 90 or hotter outside. No mods except for the BFG All Terrain tires. It’s weird. I’ll press the gas pedal and it slowly starts acceleration and then all of a sudden it opens up and acceleration kicks in. This usually happens around 25-35mph. Or I’ll notice it right after turning from a stoplight or stop sign.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
14 Participants
theredmeadow
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing