Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

For those who aren't familiar, once or twice a year we run our Truck Madness tournament over on RealTruck.com. This is a single elimination, bracket style tournament voted on by the public at large (or your friends and family). Ultimately, the winner walks away with a $2,500 gift card to RealTruck. This year we've added prizes for second ($1,000), third ($500), and fourth places ($500), as well as a $500 gift card for our social favorite awarded before the tournament even starts. We're trying to make this the biggest tournament yet!

I would love to see some twins entered in our current Battle of the States edition. Will someone help me out? Entry is free, and if you can mobilize your friends, family, and followers you could have a real shot at walking away with some mod money!

Truck Madness Entry

Submissions are due August 28th, 2017 noon CST!

A note to the mods: I did get a green light from the admin to post this outside of the vendor area as it's not product/sale related. However, they did say that ultimately where this lives is your call. So if you're not digging my post location you can move it.

And apologies in advance for not using my Colorado for the image. My truck wasn't on this shoot :crying:

Attachments

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have our first Colorado entry!

Anyone with a Canyon want to get in the mix?

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One week to go for sign ups! Lots of great trucks already entered but I'm still only seeing 1 twin. This makes me sad guys.

Who wants to win?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'd love to put my Canyon in the mix, but I won't have my build re-done by the 28th. I went back to stock for a GM magazine shoot (that I ended getting passed on), and now I am trying to get everything back on as time allows.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Since my truck isnt considered a truck by the guys where I work (OMG it isnt a 4X4) I will try to gather some decent photos. While I have no aspirations of winning, it looks like fun all the same.

Is the world ready for the 1st ever ZR-71? :grin2:

Reactions: firemech2

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Are some folks buying their truck in *kit form* or something? :wink2:

My truck came already built from the factory. . . So I don't have to build/put it together. :serious:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Are some folks buying their truck in *kit form* or something? :wink2:

My truck came already built from the factory. . . So I don't have to build/put it together. :serious:
:roll:
My truck came in what is known as "Almost Ready to Run" (google it). GM was kind enough to put most of it together, but it was missing some parts, so I had to get those pieces from other sources. Some of the parts I've had to design and fabricate myself too. So, yes, I have to build it to get it the way I want.

There's even a whole section on this forum for others that had "missing parts" for their kits:

http://coloradofans.com/forums/265-2nd-gen-colorado-canyon-builds/

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Just mods. . . . not built.

Adding on pieces after the fact is just modification. . . the truck is already built.

Otherwise, there would be nothing to hang all that other stuff onto . . .:grin2:

But I can see the rationalization of someone saying they "did a build" . . kind of over used expression on many toys these days.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'll have some pics later today of my ZR2 with new wheels and tires. I'll probably throw it in the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I'll have some pics later today of my ZR2 with new wheels and tires. I'll probably throw it in the competition.

Those wheels will [email protected]@k great on the Deep Woods Green
1. . ..:smile2:

Reactions: G2SKIER

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for those that have submitted. Just an FYI - entries close in just a few days so if you're thinking about making a run at some free mod money you better do it soon ;)

Also, a few more tips:
- All valid entries are entered in our pre-tournament social contest. When you see yourself in our pre-contest "contest" (i.e. our social favorite) make sure you're getting everyone you know to vote for you! Even if you don't make the tourney if you win this by sheer number of likes you still get a $500 gift card.
- If selected for the contest, promote yourself like crazy each round! Friends, family, and social follower activation are how you advance. I bet entrants here could get a grip of Colorado Fans to vote for them!

Enter here: https://www.realtruck.com/truck-madness/

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Yea, I just submitted my pic and got the same reply, must just be a typo. :grin2:

Was gonna submit this pic as the Zombie Reaper but...didnt know how the background would be perceived by the masses.

PS....yep, thats the worlds 1st ZR-71 >:)

Reactions: JBT

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Submitted. Linked it to my build thread on here and Instagram since I don't use any of the sites they listed and I wouldn't let me upload a single pic anywhere.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got my entry in, but this is what it says at the end of the entry:

I take it the date is a typo there?
Shoot, thanks for pointing that out! You found the one touch point we neglected to update when we backed up the launch date way back when.

Entry closes in just a few hours so the bracket is being determined this week. Round one starts on 9/5. Thanks to all that have submitted!

Don't forget, when you see the "pre-contest" contest voting block go up on FB with your truck in it - promote yourself like crazy! Even if you don't make the formal bracket that's your chance to win a $500 gift card.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Submitted. Linked it to my build thread on here and Instagram since I don't use any of the sites they listed and I wouldn't let me upload a single pic anywhere.

Wow, contest or not that came out GREAT! Bad ass!

Reactions: G2SKIER

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wow, contest or not that came out GREAT! Bad ass!

Thanks! And that's straight off the camera, you should see the edited pics on my build thread!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.