Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Chevy Colorado. I bought it about a month ago. It drives great and didn’t really have any issues at first. But after the first week or so the battery died. We got it tested and put a new one in. It has continued to die several times since. For example me and my girlfriend’s family went to the beach. It sat with nothing on and nothing plugged up for 2 days and was dead. Tonight I was driving and all the gauges and dash lights went out along with my AC. After I got it parked and turned it off it wouldn’t crank again. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have an after market radio but it was having this issue before I had it installed.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Remove all your grounds and clean the contact points, ad re-install, kknown issue

grounds, battery to frame, block to frame etc...mainly where they bolt to frame,

Reactions: gherbert

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,582 Posts
Also besides the parasitic draws on the battery, How old might that battery be? It might not be holding a charge properly or have a dead cell in it. Also have the battery tested.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Don't leave it discharged for to long or another battery will be in your near future. As stated above check the charging ckt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts