Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Colorado 2WD LT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got into a car accident last week Sunday (7/26/2020) a lady ran the red light and the rest was history.... all air bags were deployed so my truck is most definitely a total loss. I picked up literally the same truck except it’s 2020.

Now I am looking for some parts and I’m open to all options! I did have Bilstein suspensions in my
Old truck and I liked the ride, it was smooth, and on light trails it was great! I don’t do much off roading but just basically paths.

Any suspension options? What about wheel options? Bull bar thoughts? Wheel spacers yes or no?

thank you in advance

(Here’s the new truck)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Any suspension options? What about wheel options? Bull bar thoughts? Wheel spacers yes or no?
Eibach is pretty comparable to the Bilsteins from what I've seen. And I believe Peak Suspension has a few similar options as well. (I ran bilsteins before I swapped mine out) Wheel options are all personal preference, but there are quite a few options now for the 6x120s than there were a few years ago. Personally, I don't like bull bars. They kill approach angles and are a damage modifier if you do hit anything.. I ran BORA 1.25" before my suspension swap, and I'm running 1.75"s now in the rear. Torque them on properly and you shouldn't have a problem with them. People will say that they kill your wheel bearings and ball joints, but no more than what a low offset rim will.

Edit: IIRC I believe Bilstein changed there 5100s design and there are a few different lift heights now.

Reactions: kidshai

·
Registered
17 Posts
Coming from jeep world I caution you on messing around adding lighting with such new computer controlled trucks. Keep in mind what we have now are rolling spies. I’ve come to realize more than ever GM techs can now view every minor detail to when, how, or even accessorize our trucks causing PCM gigs to began causing concerns. If, like me, You paid for en extended warranty, you might want to really study that before doing much.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,611 Posts
Sorry about the accident. The truck did what it was supposed to. It sacrificed itself for you.
I had an accident very similar. Lady let a school make a left turn, then she made a left turn right in front of me. It was a 55 mph road.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon CC 4X4, 2020 Chevy Z71 CC 2WD
423 Posts
Wheel spacers are not good on wheel bearings. As far as a bull bar, they do kill approach angle. I opted for a full brush guard and have hit one deer with zero damage. I had to readjust the brush guard afterwards, but no damage. I drive 45 miles or more through rural areas going to work and the deer and hogs are horrible. Well worth the money and loss of approach angle. Hence the reason I went with a 2.5" level to get it a little better. Also made a home for my light bar and ditch lights.

Reactions: kidshai
1 - 6 of 6 Posts