Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts
Vehicle cover Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

Property Plant Sky Tree Window

Vehicle cover Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The bed would probably fill with water or if you live where snows then snow or both like a bathtub pulling the sides of the cover up and be a pain to get the rain/snow out. But would protect truck paint.

Reactions: Abe17ZR2

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bed would probably fill with water or if you live where snows then snow or both like a bathtub pulling the sides of the cover up and be a pain to get the rain/snow out. But would protect truck paint.
Got that part "covered" lol bad joke. But I have a Diamondback cover rated to 400lbs, should be enough for the water. Not much snow in Texas, but we occasionally do get some. I'm eager to see how it holds up

Reactions: Johnnyone

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
I would add clip on eights to the sides in the middle just th helpwith the wind

May think about selling the Taco or parking it outside and keep the new truck in the garage

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Seems... adequate. Not sure what more there is to say about a cover that covers the truck/accomplishes its purpose. What's your use case ? Keep the sun off the truck while you're gone for a few months ?

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems... adequate. Not sure what more there is to say about a cover that covers the truck/accomplishes its purpose. What's your use case ? Keep the sun off the truck while you're gone for a few months ?
So I can only park back there this week. The real issue is parking where I normally do is right under a tree. The lady across the street feeds all the stray cats, birds and what not but they don't **** where they eat, they do it on our side of the street. My fault, but out of laziness I don't clean the poop off every day and I have two spots where the paint bubbled up and cracked off because I left it there, thankfully it's in the roof of truck but still, it's down to the metal in two spots. On top of that, the truck has tons of scratches, looks like I ran it through bushes, but I didn't, the animals either use it to parkour on it or have orgies on it because damn my truck has paw prints and scratches everywhere. Garage is not available to me for truck. I guess I was hoping for opinions on covers, and the look of this one lol half fishing for compliments half venting about stupid bird lady

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and I only drive once or twice a week so truck doesn't get moved much and washing every day seems a hassle.

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would add clip on eights to the sides in the middle just th helpwith the wind

May think about selling the Taco or parking it outside and keep the new truck in the garage
Is the new truck the daily and the taco a backup?

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
So I can only park back there this week. The real issue is parking where I normally do is right under a tree. The lady across the street feeds all the stray cats, birds and what not but they don't **** where they eat, they do it on our side of the street. My fault, but out of laziness I don't clean the poop off every day and I have two spots where the paint bubbled up and cracked off because I left it there, thankfully it's in the roof of truck but still, it's down to the metal in two spots. On top of that, the truck has tons of scratches, looks like I ran it through bushes, but I didn't, the animals either use it to parkour on it or have orgies on it because damn my truck has paw prints and scratches everywhere. Garage is not available to me for truck. I guess I was hoping for opinions on covers, and the look of this one lol half fishing for compliments half venting about stupid bird lady
Well you asked for opinions so... So two different issues there: Chemical and animal.

The cover should work well for the bird issue, but I worry it may provide a nice home for the cats lol. Have you thought about using a cat repellant ? Or taking a page out of her book and feeding/watering the cats ? haha.

Either way seems to be one of the nicer covers.

• Wow

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Oh and I only drive once or twice a week so truck doesn't get moved much and washing every day seems a hassle.
Also might be worth putting some touch up paint on the roof. I've used the acdelco touch-up paints for 5yrs now on my Colorado and it's a perfect color match and seems durable.

• Helpful

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well you asked for opinions so... So two different issues there: Chemical and animal.

The cover should work well for the bird issue, but I worry it may provide a nice home for the cats lol. Have you thought about using a cat repellant ? Or taking a page out of her book and feeding/watering the cats ? haha.

Lol My first thought was they make cat repellent? That's a great idea. Thanks yeah I like how the cover looks, and it was like 70 bucks so not crazy expensive like the 700 weather tech ones

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2019 Canyon Denali 4x4
84 Posts

The cats may climb the cover... we resorted to the repellent as well (an ultrasonic one) to protect the wife's convertible that only comes out on nice days. The cats managed to scratch the car through the cover - not bad as it buffed out, but still a PITA.

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The cats may climb the cover... we resorted to the repellent as well (an ultrasonic one) to protect the wife's convertible that only comes out on nice days. The cats managed to scratch the car through the cover - not bad as it buffed out, but still a PITA.
Man, cats are cute but they have no business scratching up our vehicles. Do you have a link to the repellent you bought? Please and thank you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dissenting view here but do some research and I think you'll find I'm correct. Having a cover like that on with ANY wind will cause the cover to "move" on the paint constantly and you'll have "scuff" marks all over your truck from the abraded clearcoat. About the worst thing you can do to a vehicle parked outside is cover it. They also trap moisture and that leads to other longterm issues.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Dissenting view here but do some research and I think you'll find I'm correct. Having a cover like that on with ANY wind will cause the cover to "move" on the paint constantly and you'll have "scuff" marks all over your truck from the abraded clearcoat. About the worst thing you can do to a vehicle parked outside is cover it. They also trap moisture and that leads to other longterm issues.
I agree, I kow a guy who has a Grand National-X wanted it to be a trailer queen with out an enclosed trailer. Parked it nextto the garage witha cover on it. and what you said happened to him ,moisture and wind, then he sent it off to Detroit to get a factory re-paint Thing is, he had a Alpha Romero before that and same thing happened.

Cops will wheel chalk a vehicle around here if it sits for more then 2 days on the street

·
Registered
2019 Canyon Denali 4x4
84 Posts
Depends on the cover... and the cheap ones will trap moisture and possibly scuff the clear. Our convertible wears one 80+% of the time without issue; however, I buy Budge or similar waterproof and breathable covers for that car.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
When I had my 16 and 17 Shelby GT 350's they both came with a cover that was made to fit cars. The covers were thin but never left a single scratch. I think the way to not have scratches is to buy one that fits precisely to that vehicle and nice and snug with elastic bottom to keep tight. Mine barely moved even on windy days.

Reactions: MJ_ATL and Abe17ZR2

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have read the concerns about humidity and scratching. Apparently if the material is breathable no biggie for humidity. Of the material that contacts the paint is soft, it won't scratch. But those are marketing claims lol so idk. Also, I feel like if the vehicle is properly washed and protected with wax or a ceramic coat it should be alright under a soft cover.
That being I am totally going nuclear on the neighbor and her damn feeding zoo lol getting all kinds of repellents I saw a big ass hawk sitting on my truck yesterday. If he was doing his job instead of just sitting around none of the other animals would be on my truck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts