Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 gmc canyon crew cab w/ out bose or onstar. I am trying to hook up my subs/amp to my factory single disk cd player, which is delphi. several webpages explain that all I needed to use was a PAC AEOM-GM24 interface. (some webpages stated bose factory system is required and others do not state you have you have to have bose). Without doing extensive research I purchased the AEOM-GM24 interface. Everything was going smooth installing but I cannot get remote turn on to work. I have tried splicing into the pink wire that states on the pac adapter. Didn't work. Have tried to splice into the yellow and orange wire on the pac adapter, but did not work. I have everything ran and I know nothing is wrong with the amp as I have ran a wire directly from the power on the amp to the remote on the amp and it worked. I am hesitant on keeping it like that as i do not want the amp on all the time. Is there any other wire I can splice/tap into? I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The blue wire is the remote turn on that comes from the head unit via the PAC unit Others have reported problems when using it; may not shut off the amps properly. I haven't tried it, but as above I might experiment with it.
This is from a Corvette forum from a guy using a stock unit and the same PAC interface. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts