Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I have a 2010 canyon with a 5.3. It keeps blowing the bottom cooler line out of the transmission. New clip first then new fitting. Idle and grandma driving it stays in but first time I give it gas it blows out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Yes I have a 2010 canyon with a 5.3. It keeps blowing the bottom cooler line out of the transmission. New clip first then new fitting. Idle and grandma driving it stays in but first time I give it gas it blows out. Any suggestions?

is it this style clip?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MI39rU3Ln61QIVD7nACh3rNQ9YEAQYBCABEgKLs_D_BwE

Make sure the clip isnt bent and the line isn't damaged. The line should have a very flat shoulder on the back side for the clip to hold. Are you installing the clip in the fitting first? I think it would get bent if you did after the line is in. So, install the clip so all 3 parts are able to grab the line. Then stick the line in and it should pop/snap in and not pull out with lots of pressure. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes and I've tried all ways. I installed a new clip then pushed line back in, then just in case I didn't get it all the way I put clip in second. Then next I changed whole fitting. Like every time the clip is gone and line is out. I am thinking maybe the cooler is messed up but wouldn't that make the fluid come out the vent?

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Yes and I've tried all ways. I installed a new clip then pushed line back in, then just in case I didn't get it all the way I put clip in second. Then next I changed whole fitting. Like every time the clip is gone and line is out. I am thinking maybe the cooler is messed up but wouldn't that make the fluid come out the vent?
Are you sure the line is ok? is the clip side perfectly flat so it cant move? Are you thinking the cooler is plugged? Is that what you mean? I don't think it would vent out of the top of the trans but I'm not positive. You could always remove the other line and fire it up for a second to make sure its not plugged. That would be strange, never heard of that happening. My guess is the line is damaged somehow. Oh, you said the clip is gone to0 when it happens? That would mean the clip is not holding in the fitting. can you look at the radiator or other clip to see if you are installing it right? It needs the three points sticking in the fitting when installed correctly. Are there different size clips? maybe you got the wrong ones? compare it to the other line, I think its the same size right?

also, is that little round plastic keeper on there? I don't know for sure it it HAS to have it but maybe its missing or broken? The thing that goes over the clip to secure it. Maybe it is broken? missing? maybe that little clips just pops right off without it, never tried without it. I always thought is was just a little safety backup, maybe not, maybe its required or the clip will pop out????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the clips are all the way in and I have been putting the plastic safety back on. I have never had an issue with it until it blew out yesterday for the first time. Right now I am about to un hook the lines going into the cooler and check it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.