Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me figure what wires match to my hook up for trailer lights. I bought a work truck and got the hideaway receiver in but I have to splice the wires and the colors aren't matching up. If anyone has a diagram I would appreciate it very much.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ths is the
harness I'm trying to splice in...Pollak 11-998 4' Pigtail Wiring Harness

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Can someone please help me figure what wires match to my hook up for trailer lights. I bought a work truck and got the hideaway receiver in but I have to splice the wires and the colors aren't matching up. If anyone has a diagram I would appreciate it very much.
The wiring information is in the truck manual I believe in the towing section. It will tell you which wire is which. Good Luck!

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
In the 2015 Canyon manual, see page 9-64.

. Yellow: Left Stop/Turn Signal
. Green: Right Stop/Turn Signal
. Brown: Taillamps/Parking Lamps
. Black: Ground
. Gray: Back-up Lamps
. Orange: Battery Feed
. Blue: Trailer Brake

This might be a good thread to review as well -

http://coloradofans.com/forums/201-electronics-audio-lighting/214361-factory-trailer-harness-connector.html

If you can, take some pictures. It might help the next guy if they were posted showing the location of the wiring harness and how you installed it, etc. I assume you are only installing the 4-pin connector?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the 2015 Canyon manual, see page 9-64.

. Yellow: Left Stop/Turn Signal
. Green: Right Stop/Turn Signal
. Brown: Taillamps/Parking Lamps
. Black: Ground
. Gray: Back-up Lamps
. Orange: Battery Feed
. Blue: Trailer Brake

This might be a good thread to review as well -

http://coloradofans.com/forums/201-electronics-audio-lighting/214361-factory-trailer-harness-connector.html

If you can, take some pictures. It might help the next guy if they were posted showing the location of the wiring harness and how you installed it, etc. I assume you are only installing the 4-pin connector?

It's a 7/4 connector, I'll get some pics up.

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
Thanks Jason,

You might want to find Reverendbiker's post about installing a brake controller as well, it had some good information. A search on "CONTROLLER" in the 2nd gen forums should find it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jason,

You might want to find Reverendbiker's post about installing a brake controller as well, it had some good information. A search on "CONTROLLER" in the 2nd gen forums should find it.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im looking for this info and what part number to get to fit into the plastic blank space of my 2015 bumper .. its driving me crazy - I called 3 chevy dealers and even GM customer service.. clueless. I showed them the pick of the wire lead ends on driver side by bumper . they said hmmm ....could be .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts