Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken the truck with the light bar and lights through an automated carwash?
The rotary brushes are still commonly used by many operations, I'd hate to see 1200.00 worth of lights and electrical equipment get destroyed.
How robust is this stuff?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Automatic car washes, isn't that Track abuse in Washington? I know it is in South Carolina.

Given that I've saw cars come out of the automatic car washes with mirrors broken off, antenna's twisted around and big scratches from a stone or some other piece of trash caught in the brush, I would only consider using a brushless one for a high pressure rinse.

Honestly, I wouldn't risk it and the more accessories that you hang onto the truck the more likely that you are going to get something caught and the cars wash is not liable for any damage done to your vehicle.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a set of 5 7" LED bars on my sport bar, and have been through the automated wash a couple of times. No issues. I've been through both a touch and a touchless wash. The lights are waterproof, so there's no issue with that. A touch wash may have issues with getting hung up, but I didn't have any problems with it.
GM will warrant the bar and lights, so if you do have any issues, you can get GM to warrant it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yeah I've had my ZR2 through the car wash a few times already. No damage, comes out looking fine. Not as good as washing it at home but certainly does the trick when you're tight on time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They don't stick up enough to be bothered. Been through the auto wash numerous times. Just make sure the side nuts are tight so they don't move.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.