Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spotted this today about 10 miles north of the Wentzville assembly plant on Hwy. 61. It got off at Troy where I live, but I lost it in traffic. I'll keep my eyes open for it and any others in the area.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Regarding the high-mount emblems, they're purely cosmetic. I suspect most people won't even notice after the trucks have been out for a while, but if it's an issue for someone some fishing line and Goo Gone will quickly remedy things.

As for hauling, the driver in my photos should've just dropped the tailgate, centered up the box and ran another tie-down strap around the back to keep it from sliding out. That's what I did with my '18 CCSB a couple weeks ago with zero problems for the 26 miles from Best Buy to home with a new 75" TV. The way that person had it ran a higher risk of damaging their TV.

There is indeed a spare tire on this truck. Look close in the photo with the Chevy dealer in the background. You can see a bit of tread and wheel highlighted by the sun, about midway between the left rear ture and the trailer hitch. It does seem to be tucked up a little higher than on the 2nd gen trucks.

Personally, I'm pretty excited for these new trucks, particularly the Z71. Will it be perfect? No, certainly not, no vehicle is (that's why there's an aftermarket!), but the '23s will be quite an upgrade over the 2nd gens!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts