Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am saying good bye to my 2015 3.6L Z71 CC LB and moving on up to a 2017 Silverado 1500. So after almost 3 years and 53K miles these are the lasting impressions I get from my 2nf Gen.
Overall I love the truck, its perfect size for everyday driving and did a great job hauling and towing when called upon. I loved the MPG and the drive and ride manners. Overall the truck held up well and didn't cause many headaches or troubles. Standard maintenance and a new set of tires were all I pretty much did to it. It was a great truck.

So why trade it for a new Silverado? Well mostly I need something a little bigger these days. I tow my 5500 lb camper all over and couldn't pass up the deal I got on this "Used" 2017, with only 150 miles on it. I have been considering upgrading to a new Duramax Colorado for some time to give better towing performance, the 3.6 has more than enough guts to tow the camper but at highway speeds its constantly shifting from 5th to 4th and back to stay at 65mph. It does great at 50-55mph on secondary roads but on highway just too much work driving it. The new truck is loaded with all the bells and whistles, along with V8 and more mass to handle the camper.

I think my SO is interested in a Canyon and I wont be long without one. I will be checking back on the forum to see what is new and good with 2019 model year when she goes buying. Thanks its been interesting, guess I need find a Silverado Forum now.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Had the opposite situation. Traded my 2013 Z-71 Silverado, this past June, for my 2017 Colorado Z-71 CC. You'll enjoy the Sierra/Silverado message board gang.:grin2:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I think the Colorado diesel would have worked well for you being a heavier truck with stiffer suspension and of course the diesel engine which will keep the tranny in top gear during almost any conditions. Still, I can't knock your new truck. It's a beauty. Enjoy.

Reactions: IceDiesel

·
Registered
660 Posts
I think my SO is interested in a Canyon and I wont be long without one. I will be checking back on the forum to see what is new and good with 2019 model year when she goes buying. Thanks its been interesting, guess I need find a Silverado Forum now.
Wow, that is some color! I think they call it "Give me a ticket RED" :grin2:
Congrats, great looking truck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've always been a full size truck guy, and my last two were a Ram 1500 and a Toyota Tundra. Something about the Tundra made me do a 180 and realize that there's such a thing as "too big" when it comes to trucks (and I'm 6'4") so I sold it and bought the Canyon. I've owned the Canyon for a year now and love it, but every once in a while I see a new Sierra and think "man I'd love to have that truck". Then reality kicks in and I'm reminded of the things that I didn't like about my last two trucks (mostly gas mileage and parking). Some day I may have a genuine need for a more powerful vehicle, like you did, but I don't know that I could let go of the Canyon that easily.

Beautiful truck, congrats!

Reactions: bake82

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Wow, that is some color! I think they call it "Give me a ticket RED" :grin2:
Congrats, great looking truck!
"Pull me over Red" was the name. >:) They went with the name "Red Hot" lol. Gotta love the color of your new Silverado. Nice looking truck, good luck.

Reactions: 100MPG

·
Registered
662 Posts
It still kills me that GM decided to change their double cab to have 4 exterior door handles. In your case the standard bed helps, but something about 4 door handles, especially with a super short bed, just says 'yuppie truck' to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.