Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process of putting my 2015 Tacoma TRD back to stock so that I can trade it in on a Canyon, most likely a Denali for the cooled seats option!

Is there any changes between 17 and 18 that I should be mindful of? Great incentives on 2017's currently so want to make sure if I jump on one of those that I won't miss anything too cool from what the 18's get.

Pic of Tacoma since I know folks are gonna ask....

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I am currently in the process of putting my 2015 Tacoma TRD back to stock so that I can trade it in on a Canyon, most likely a Denali for the cooled seats option!

Is there any changes between 17 and 18 that I should be mindful of? Great incentives on 2017's currently so want to make sure if I jump on one of those that I won't miss anything too cool from what the 18's get.

Pic of Tacoma since I know folks are gonna ask....

The only changes are the rear camera has a feature that puts a line on the hitch for hooking up. Not a big deal.

The 18 does have a dash light for when the 4x4 is engaged. This has been a needed feature but one I could live with out for $1000 to $2000 more off the normal discounts.

I love the cool seats. But the heated wheel also is great on cold mornings for someone like me who hates gloves.

I have really enjoyed my Denali and I got a very good deal too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only changes are the rear camera has a feature that puts a line on the hitch for hooking up. Not a big deal.

The 18 does have a dash light for when the 4x4 is engaged. This has been a needed feature but one I could live with out for $1000 to $2000 more off the normal discounts.

I love the cool seats. But the heated wheel also is great on cold mornings for someone like me who hates gloves.

I have really enjoyed my Denali and I got a very good deal too.
Sweet! Yeah, I can live without the light (though very odd that it wouldn't have one standard) and the line on the hitch. I don't tow a ton and with a camera alone I can get spot on every time. I honestly think the line would aggravate me lol

I was hoping 18 would've added some more niceties like push button and maybe the 8 speed trans, but I see those didn't happen. It is crazy that a 40k truck still has a key haha.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sweet! Yeah, I can live without the light (though very odd that it wouldn't have one standard) and the line on the hitch. I don't tow a ton and with a camera alone I can get spot on every time. I honestly think the line would aggravate me lol

I was hoping 18 would've added some more niceties like push button and maybe the 8 speed trans, but I see those didn't happen. It is crazy that a 40k truck still has a key haha.
You looking at the diesel? My 2017 has the 8 speed auto.

·
Registered
345 Posts
2017 to 18 changes are basically color options and overall cheaper models for entry level. For a Denali version there won’t be any changes besides available colors. Everything is basically the same since it’s fully loaded to begin with.

V6 has 8 speed and diesel has 6 speed still. Either is a great choice. Just depends what you want and if you care to fork the premium for the diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
canyon denali doesn't include a lot of stuff they have in the big truck denali

the hitch line in rear camera was senseless to me when i saw it. the camera tho seems to have improved clarity/contrast on the 17 from 16

you can add a front camera now too

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
The Denali really was a late 17 like the ZR2 and both essentially were early 18 models.

The greater changes I expect in a refresh in 18. 17 was only from Nov to June it was a short year since they were putting the new engine and tranny out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Read the Yelp reviews first for the dealer

Be sure to do the full KBB instant cash offer on your Tacoma, to get an understanding of value. It's a really great Bargaining chip Put in every single feature on the truck and every ding, etc. (so the dealer doesn't subtract). KBB spits out a number, that local dealers WILL ACTUALLY PAY, and you have it in writing.

Yes several dealers will call you wanting to buy your tacoma, but only for about a week. (so use a phone # that's not important)

KBB offered me $16.5k on my 2012 tacoma, 2wd, 92k miles, 4 door short bed (yes low, market is $19-22 used, IF you can find someone with that kind of cash) The dealer upped that to $18.5k, because I told them I could get $19k on the private market. Good or bad, $18.5k to get out of it (with oem paint issues) was a good offer to cut a check that day!!

One more thing, they take care of all the paperwork, get your pink from the bank, smog, registration transfer, and send you a check.

Dealers love it, because: if they don't want it, KBB will buy it from them.

Try it out. (No, I'm not endorsed)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Welcome!! I’m sure you’ll be happy with whatever truck you buy!!

I traded in my 2007 tacoma for my 2016 Canyon. When comparing the 3rd Gen to Canyon - It’s just amazing how limited the Tacoma is on options. I say this everytime - but - WTF Toyota? No power seats???

My 2007 had the frame replaced in Oct 2015 and I had some ‘issues’ after that from the ‘installation’ (per say). Those issues kinda prompted me to trade it in early versus waiting for a Denali.

Dealership gave me $12,500 for the 2007 Tacoma - V6 Access Cab TRD Sport with 80K miles on it. Not bad....since I only paid $29K new. I think they put it up for sale online for $18K and the ad was gone in 2 days!!

My Canyon has been great and I love it!! (Knock on wood). I hope it can be as reliable as my tacoma was for 9 years!! Good Luck and post Picts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.