Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a fan of the Colorados and Chevy in general for a long time now. I have wanted to get my hands on one of these diesels for as long as they have been around.

I wasn't planning on getting the diesel, leather seats, bose, or any of that nonsense. However, I was surprised by the deal on it and was ready to buy.

I live in the mountains, I am really appreciating the torque for getting up the hill to my house and the diesel has been great for going downhill too. Took my brand new truck off-roading already and I was truly amazed at its capabilities stock. I can't wait to get some advice from the group and go on adventures in my new truck.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,077 Posts
Welcome Aboard. Congrats On 2021 Z71 Duramax. I am always partial to white vehicles myself.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2
23 Posts
I’ve owned 6 Chevy trucks including a 2004 Silverado Duramax clean as a whistle I won’t part with. Had a 2016 V6 LT which is the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. I just upgraded to a 2021 V6 ZR2. I test drove a Colorado Diesel when I bought my 2016 & it just didn’t have the power I was use to from my 2500 HD Duramax & even the 2007 I5 2WD Colorado I was coming out of. The point I’m getting to is I have the Trifecta tune in my ZR2 & it’s amazing. I’ve often thought how I might feel different about the Colorado 4 cyl Diesel with a Trifecta tune. Something you might want to look into. Anyway, congrats on your new ride...enjoy!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats! I traded my 16 Colorado in for a Z71 21’ Diesel also! But I decided to move up to the Silverado. The price was about the same which is ridiculous!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Welcome tothe forum, anny questions just ask or use google as the search window does not work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve owned 6 Chevy trucks including a 2004 Silverado Duramax clean as a whistle I won’t part with. Had a 2016 V6 LT which is the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. I just upgraded to a 2021 V6 ZR2. I test drove a Colorado Diesel when I bought my 2016 & it just didn’t have the power I was use to from my 2500 HD Duramax & even the 2007 I5 2WD Colorado I was coming out of. The point I’m getting to is I have the Trifecta tune in my ZR2 & it’s amazing. I’ve often thought how I might feel different about the Colorado 4 cyl Diesel with a Trifecta tune. Something you might want to look into. Anyway, congrats on your new ride...enjoy!
I have been reading a lot about the tunes. It's kind of shocking how restricted the stock diesel is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome aboard, thanks a lot for sharing the pics!

Hope you enjoy all the things your Colorado has to offer.
I am already enjoying it as much as possible. Truth be told, I got lost on the trail, went down something I shouldn't have, then the trail ended. I was shocked that I got down, and blown away that I made it back up, even with the factory air dam still on!

I am starting to think people are hooked on modding. I don't think this truck needs too much.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
I can't wait to get some advice from the group and go on adventures in my new truck.
Since you asked, mud flaps! ;) Oh, and if it's in your area, Costco for diesel and DEF.

Hope you enjoy the diesel half as much as I have.

·
Registered
2021 Colorado ZR2
23 Posts
I have been reading a lot about the tunes. It's kind of shocking how restricted the stock diesel is.
The one I test drove in 2016 was a dog, really bad. No comparison to my 2007 inline 5 cyl. so I went with the V6 which was great. The full size Diesel is of course great, but I was highly disappointed with the Duramax 4 cyl in the Colorado, I’d love to test drive one with Trifecta tuning...might be all it needs?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
The one I test drove in 2016 was a dog, really bad. No comparison to my 2007 inline 5 cyl. so I went with the V6 which was great. The full size Diesel is of course great, but I was highly disappointed with the Duramax 4 cyl in the Colorado, I’d love to test drive one with Trifecta tuning...might be all it needs?
Mine seemed like a bit of a dog when new but appears to have unlocked a lot of torque and power as it broke in. Also, a pedal commander helps lots more.

Reactions: JCH11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts