Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The OEM tires on my truck were horrible on damp/wet pavement.
Switched to falkens and the problem was solved.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Definitely have had it. The OEM tires on my Z71 were pretty bad, and if the locking diff locks up when it's wet even now with new wheels and tires my back end will wind up in the next lane.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Might help to specify your tires, but with the Goodyear Wranglers on my 2019 LT I've been pleasantly surprised by the tires and differential. Much better than my old Ranger is in wet weather.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Agree on the OEM tire comments. I'd also add that wet conditions are the use case for Auto 4wd. If you know you could experience slip, flip the transfer case to Auto and you'll maintain traction in those scenarios.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
With the cheap black-top/asphalt they put on the roads now,any tire I have had on a truck have done that, whether oem or AT's or MUD tires.
When the pavement is wet I put it in AWD and forget about it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 38k on the original tires. I've started looking for replacements already. Probably gonna go with the Falkens.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I trashed my oem wranglers that came with my 15 ext z71 around 38k, for Bfg ko2’s, for that very reason. They were terrible in the rain. The ko2’s are much better but still experience a little slipping depending on the location, if the road is frequently coated in oil, and if the bed is empty or loaded.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a 2018 ccsb Z71 v6. With any kind of moisture on the pavement I have to be light on the gas pedal cuz I will sit there and spin the tires. Anybody else have this problem?
With the stock tires, I keep it in Auto-4WD on very rainy days or else I will end up accidently lighting the rear up like I'm about to lineup at Englishtown.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Does pretty much everyone recommend the Falken wildpeaks? I've heard great things about their snow/wet traction and they are pretty cheap (130-160).
When I first joined this forum the Toyo Open Country AT2's were the hot tire to get, now it seems like most are buying the Falkens. Not sure if they are better/cheaper/cool factor or what

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
I am primarily a road warrior, I cursed the OEMs on wet roads from about 10K miles. At 70K, I decided to quit waiting for them to wear out, went with Michelin Defender LTX. Much more secure tire, I feel so much more confident on wet pavement. I have about 22K on the Michelins, and commented to my wife last Friday when I had to accelerate out of a parking lot on wet pavement how much I liked these tires. They may have hurt my MPGs slightly, but for the price of a few gallons of gas, I much prefer the lower pucker factor I feel with better traction.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've been looking at the Coopers AT3, the Goodyears Wrangler AT are horrible since new, put it AWD to keep things safe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does pretty much everyone recommend the Falken wildpeaks? I've heard great things about their snow/wet traction and they are pretty cheap (130-160).
I've been looking at the Coopers AT3, the Goodyears Wrangler AT are horrible since new, put it AWD to keep things safe.
I have the Cooper AT3 4S tires and they're awesome on wet and dry roads. Dirt traction seems to be noticeably better than the Goodyear AT's also. Haven't had them in the snow yet but they couldn't possibly be any worse than the Goodyears. Reviews place them just as good or better than the Falkens in every category except mud. They also have white lettering, if you're into that, which the Falkens don't. They're a bit cheaper most places too

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've had both the Wrangler Fortitudes and Adventure Kevlars, and the Fortitudes were significantly worse in wet weather, stupid easy to spin the tires. Kevlars were bad, but not as bad.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Likely your tires suck haha no other way to put it.

I upgraded to the KO2's when I first bought the truck, they were pretty good. Lasted 60,000 KM. I've more recently moved to the Cooper Discoverer STT Pros, and they are ******* absolute BOSS. Highly recommend them.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts