Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a conformation ASAP, I have been told that my TPMS will not work on 06 ZQ8 wheels the valve stem hole is to small,

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
ColoradoKid121205 said:
what is TPMS??
Tire Pressure Management System.

I think it was introduced on the 355s in 07, but I'm not positive on that. Allows the vehicle to monitor the tire pressures and tell you via the DIC if a tire is low.

Glad I missed it though, it seems to be nothing but trouble :?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, started in 07, this is what all the tire shops and dealers are saying, the valve stem hole is to small to execpt the factoy sensors,

Dang, :cry: I want these wheels.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Dang, :cry: I want these wheels.[/quote]

You can still run without the sensors and regular valve stems, the tpms just alerts you it's not receiving a signal and then you just reset it.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Wolf! said:
I have zq8s with the sensors in them.
PM sent,

I like the sensors, and it's kinda a good safety feature, when working :lol:

I'm still buying the wheels, because I said I would, this is not a problem, if they don't work I will figure out a way to make them work,

I think it would bug the heck out of me if the sensor went off every time I got it the truck.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
canarado said:
I've had my Core-Racing wheels (without the sensors) on for over a week, and I haven't had any warnings come up.
Thats scary, :shock:

This brings up another Question do the sensors have batteries that need changing every so often,

·
Registered
317 Posts
stocklook said:
canarado said:
I've had my Core-Racing wheels (without the sensors) on for over a week, and I haven't had any warnings come up.
Thats scary, :shock:

This brings up another Question do the sensors have batteries that need changing every so often,
Trucks new, but I'm sure that they have batteries. I figure that only when a wheel sensor recognizes a low tire it informs the computer, then hence a warning. Solution is a tire gauge.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
canarado said:
i think you have to drive something like 20 miles straight before the warning comes up.

·
Registered
317 Posts
twopoint8 said:
canarado said:
i think you have to drive something like 20 miles straight before the warning comes up.
That would make sense, I haven't been on any long drives since putting the wheels on.

·
Registered
630 Posts
HowNowBrownCow said:
does the spare have a TPMS installed also? if it doesnt then we should be good if we dont install them on our off road wheels.
The spare tire does not have a tpms sensor in it. Your indicator light should come on roughtly by 30km +/- trip. Mines comes on sometimes when I first start up in the morning to go to work (my winter wheels do not have sensors) it will generally come on twice on the way to work 40km trip each way. I just reset with the stem.

·
Registered
630 Posts
stocklook said:
Yes, started in 07, this is what all the tire shops and dealers are saying, the valve stem hole is to small to execpt the factoy sensors,

Dang, :cry: I want these wheels.
Perhaps check with gm for other tpms sensor types. Some of the newer tpms sensors are coming with a regular style rubber valve stem which treads into the circuit board. They appear to be similar in size to a regular rubber valve stem.
I personally have never such an issue and I called a local GM dealer who says that the rim part number is the same from 2004-up (I only asked on stock 15" wheels) but should not matter 15" 17" or 18" GM factory wheels should still except the tpms sensors & work on your truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts