Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set of Clearview Tow mirrors from JP1 (thank you sir!) that we’re on his rig (2016 Colorado Z71 I believe) and assumed all things would be the same... I hate assuming!!
After bolting up the new mirrors I went to plug in and found the existing uses 3 wires and the new has 6... no heaters or indicators that I’m aware of on the new and definitely not on the old...

I guess at this point it’s an informational post... unless some9ne has insight, that there’s and adapter or something needed?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Bought a set of Clearview Tow mirrors from JP1 (thank you sir!) that we’re on his rig (2016 Colorado Z71 I believe) and assumed all things would be the same... I hate assuming!!
After bolting up the new mirrors I went to plug in and found the existing uses 3 wires and the new has 6... no heaters or indicators that I’m aware of on the new and definitely not on the old...

I guess at this point it’s an informational post... unless some9ne has insight, that there’s and adapter or something needed?
What are you driving?

Could you add your truck's description to your signature line from the USER CP screen - can get there by selecting USER CP in the top right of the screen - at least on the browser i am using.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you driving?

Could you add your truck's description to your signature line from the USER CP screen - can get there by selecting USER CP in the top right of the screen - at least on the browser i am using.
Ahh, very good point, lol.

2017 Canyon CC AllTerrain... I’ll add it now

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I believe that all the twins have the actual wiring for heated mirrors but only used on models equipped?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Ahh, very good point, lol.

2017 Canyon CC AllTerrain... I’ll add it now
I believe that all the twins have the actual wiring for heated mirrors but only used on models equipped?
I believe that only models with the rear defroster would be pre-wired for the heated mirrors. However, the pre-wire is to the doors, my memory was that a jumper was needed from the door to the mirror. OP might want to review some of the threads on adding heated mirrors that were started long ago.

None of the Twins would be pre-wired for turn signals, that requires a little shade tree work.

Reactions: kaiser67

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would make sense... however what I’m seeing here is entirely contradictory. OEM mirror has 3 wires, replacement has 6.
Clearview website is sketchy as far as info goes it doesn’t seem to offer heated for this model. As well there are no markings to indicate they are heated. Usually there’s an icon on the glass somewhere but I’m out of pocket here. No instructions in the box or on the website. All super-generic

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe that only models with the rear defroster would be pre-wired for the heated mirrors. However, the pre-wire is to the doors, my memory was that a jumper was needed from the door to the mirror. OP might want to review some of the threads on adding heated mirrors that were started long ago.

None of the Twins would be pre-wired for turn signals, that requires a little shade tree work.
I do have rear window defroster, but not heated mirrors, and this is a bit of a stretch from searching as far as I can tell, there aren’t many of these mirrors around. I did some searching but frankly it’s a pain from my phone. Hoping to not have to put this all back together only to take it apart again. So if anyone has any experience with these that would be great

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2017 is a different wiring setup!
I delved in with my VOM to figure it out and just removed the connector from the OEM and transplanted to the Clearview mirror. Had to cut the Clearview connector apart because it wouldn’t release the pins but oh well... I’ll post pics of the wiring change for posterity and to assist others.

·
Registered
169 Posts
towing mirros

I know that there have been some talk about towing mirrors but I just wanted to share another options.

from what I looked at Clearview had the only towing mirrors that made sense and now this company are also doing it and they are pretty cheap if you are in the US..

https://boostautoparts.com/collections/2014-2018-colorado-canyon-tow-mirrors

I don't know if it was already posted or if I'm allowed to post this, please remove it if it's not allowed..

I am really hopping that we will get something like that soon in Canada because even though they are only 325us.. when you do the conversion and shipping it costs close to 600cad..

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am really hopping that we will get something like that soon in Canada because even though they are only 325us.. when you do the conversion and shipping it costs close to 600cad..
So, the clearview would cost over 1200 cad? :shock: Guess the Boost Auto's are the only way to go then...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Out of curiosity I went to their website. They wanted 120US to ship to Canada and free shipping I the US. If you are close enough to the border, have it shipped to a US address and use the savings to buy beer and cheese.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.