Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought one of the little bottles of touch up paint (specifically cyber grey metallic)? If so did you go through the dealership and get completely ripped off? Or is there another reputable place to get paint where I don’t have to worry about it not matching? I have a couple rock chips that I want to touch up...depending on the price of paint.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Two of my vehicles have touch-up paint from a dealership, and the other car has touch-up paint from automotive touchup dot com.

Your 2016 Cyber Gray Metallic has RPO GBV, which means you need color WA-637R. Don't worry if it says "Cyber Gray" or not on the bottle. What matters is that it is WA-637R.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I don’t have cyber gray, I have lazer blue I use the duplicolor touch up paint and it’s spot on for my color there’s is gm certified for color.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The touch up paint from the dealership is pretty good IMO. It has a ceramic tip to smooth out the edges of the chip/scratch. Has a brush and pen style applicator, and comes with a small thing of clearcoat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have one nearby, I've had pretty good luck with a Napa that can make a paint. I had a funky orange color on an old ford focus and you just give them the paint code. They could make mine in spray paint or brush on. I was plowing snow at the time delivering pizzas so anything less than 3 inches was losing paint fast. Paint was almost perfect and clear on top made everything fade enough it was hard to tell where I had touched up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I bought the official "gm ac delco" paint pen/brush for my cyber grey and it didnt even come close to matching. Luckily it was to cover an area not visible but I would look at another brand if you were looking at that one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have both the GM version and the version from AutoTouchUp and the Auto Touch Up is much better in my opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.