Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a few days ago that my touch screen has started to require 2 or 3 touches on an item to get it to respond to touch. I cleaned my screen this past weekend with a little bit of automotive glass cleaner sprayed directly on a microfiber cloth so it didn't run on the screen. It seems like it started doing the touch issue a few days later. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine did that a few month back and it led to multiple appointments to get it resolved. The first time I took it in was like 2 months ago. They said they updated the touchscreen unit and I should be good. Two weeks later it happened again. No response. I called Chevy back to make an appointment again. The service guy said there was a new update issued just the day before and he thinks it will fix it. I took it in and it's been good for about a month now. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My infotainment system stopped working and went black. The audio controls did not work, the steering wheel ones did. The radio will work for 10-15 minutes after startup before going out. I can't remember now, but I think it may have started with the touchscreen not responding. I got an error message saying to service my backup camera and that seemed to be related as well. The dealer was not able to connect to it and ordered a new HMI module. They are on backorder. Supposed to be in this week and hoping to bring back to dealer next week to see if it gets fixed.
It seems the Infotainment system has been problematic as evidenced by the part being on back order and a few others I have spoke to having similar issues.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
I have had small issues when my finger was sweaty or dirty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just bought a 2018 ZR2. Page 137 of the Colorado Owner's Manual mentions a "Calibrate Touchscreen" personalization menu.

Do the settings in this menu affect touchscreen sensitivity? I'm away from my truck and haven't checked this menu.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I just bought a 2018 ZR2. Page 137 of the Colorado Owner's Manual mentions a "Calibrate Touchscreen" personalization menu.

Do the settings in this menu affect touchscreen sensitivity? I'm away from my truck and haven't checked this menu.
That's to identify the four corners since the physical screen extends beyond the bezel a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.