·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Damn, too bad the 360 didnt come with a Blu Ray player :/

I wonder if Microsoft is thinking of doing that now....

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
MarkEG said:
/forum/images/smiles/censored.gif, too bad the 360 didnt come with a Blu Ray player :/

I wonder if Microsoft is thinking of doing that now....
My guess this is why they didn't put HD-DVD in the Elite. They knew one would win, and soon. I wouldn't be suprised to see an external Bluray player here soon from M$ and include them in future systems.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
LongBow986 said:
yay more titles to play on my PS3 now!
Exactly, it's about damn time after a year of being outsold almost 3 to 1 by blu-ray that they finally except defeat! Now we will see a whole lot of good stuff coming to blu-ray with all the studios support. 8)

And no, digital downloads will never overtake blu, i want a disk with a case, not ten bucks less and a file on a hard drive! I swear if i see another hd-dvd/microsoft geek minion supporter bummed by now owning a useless paperweight trying to stir the pot about how d/l movies will overtake, not a chance. The gaming industry has been trying this for years and has never taken off compared to instore sales.

That does not even go into the fact that much of this country's bandwidth limitations sucks and will not be improved for many years to come.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It's a good move and about time. I have an xbox 360 and I didn't buy a hd dvd player and never really thought about getting one. I don't see my self rushing out to buy a bd player. DVD's look fine on my HDTV and sound just as good as any bd on my 6.1 surround sound system. As long as dvd's continue to come out I won't switch.

One day digital downloads will overtake media purchased in stores. Look at the music industry. I don't know where you live but fiber is every around here and is being laid to areas that just 3 years ago didn't even have DSL as an option. But it will take a long time, probably another 5 years or so. Even in a small rural town 50 miles west of houston my office has the choice between cable or dsl.

My next laptop or computer will probably have a bd player/burner before my tv or gaming system. :lol: bring it on Dell.

·
Registered
356 Posts
jlong said:
areas that just 3 years ago didn't even have DSL as an option. But it will take a long time, probably another 5 years or so. Even in a small rural town 50 miles west of houston my office has the choice between cable or dsl.
Still not available in my area :( :oops:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yipee!
Although I need more home theater equipment like I need a baseball bat to the head, now that the "war" is over I'll be jumping into Blu-ray.

I just need to figure out where the money is coming fro. . . . . Oh lookee here the government is sending me $600.00 to help "stimulate the economy!" :D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Scarecrow said:
Yipee!
Although I need more home theater equipment like I need a baseball bat to the head, now that the "war" is over I'll be jumping into Blu-ray.

I just need to figure out where the money is coming fro. . . . . Oh lookee here the government is sending me $600.00 to help "stimulate the economy!" :D
Now you just gotta find an American made Bul-ray player.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scarecrow said:
GMCdriver said:
Now you just gotta find an American made Blu-ray player.
I'd have better luck finding a Japanese made Harley.
LMFAO. Soooo true.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts