Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 1.5 in. cst shackles in the rear and my tb is cranked, running 32's. i was wonder if i install the torsion keys, if it will give me another inch and a half on top of the tb crank.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any input would help...thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
well, how much did u lift the front end with the stock TB keys??? i would suggest to only do it a max of 2.5" from stock height with the stock keys and/or the readylift keys. and yes i think they can be cranked further than stock keys. the higher u crank the more narrow ur track width becomes also+stiffness+ stress on the CV, and joints etc... u need to add wheelspacers to fix the narrow track width problem. and always get an alignment if u change the TB settings

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks, i have 4 turns on them right now.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
The keys will not give you more lift than cranking the TBs. The suspension only has so much travel.

Keys are not worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, I also think they are not worth it. I think you can crank those t-bars a couple more turns though

·
Registered
85 Posts
yea the suspension only has so much travel but with the stock torsion keys u can only lift it so much without snapping them possibly, the aftermarket keys are stronger "supposedly" , and also i believe they are longer which adds more leverage=less fatigue+stress. i dunno just what i kinda was thinken....

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
No one here has snapped a torsion key yet. I've had mine cranked for 40k miles and never had a problem. Others who do even more offroading than I do are still going strong.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how many turns do you have on those 40k miles? i have about 10k on 4 turns and i have really noticed a difference in the ride on rough terrain...alot rougher than stock. i wonder if the keys would return it to a stock ride letting us lift the front without busting a kidney offroad..just a thought.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am getting ranchos front and rear in a few weeks, alot of guys on here claim it really improved the ride after the tb lift

·
Registered
39 Posts
Re:

sportgndy940 said:
how many turns do you have on those 40k miles? i have about 10k on 4 turns and i have really noticed a difference in the ride on rough terrain...alot rougher than stock. i wonder if the keys would return it to a stock ride letting us lift the front without busting a kidney offroad..just a thought.
its suppose to lift keeping factory ride im installing some soon i got my kit today so i will find out but someone could probly answwer ya on this

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
The keys make no difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts