Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I recently sold my 2010 extended cab Colorado and upgraded to a 2022 crew cab short box, for the simple reason my family is increasing and cab sp
ace has become more important than it was. I decided to order a tri-fold tonneau from Bison tonneau, an Ontario company based in Ajax. They have good reviews and a friend had their backflip tonneau and gave a good review. I'm not sure how to explain why this happened but no matter what I did, the tonneau would not sit square on the bed. If I lined it up square at the cab end, the bottom was way off, and vise versa. I'm returning it and looking for another recommendation. Looking for soft tri-fold and not to spend an arm and a leg. My old one on my 2010 had the handles that folded up into the rails which is a nice feature I am not opposed to! The pictures may have loaded out of order but as you can see, using the lines on the side of the bed for reference, when folded up, the 2 sides line up perfectly with the outside line, as it unfolds, it's not close and looks very sloppy.

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Gas

Automotive tire Road surface Motor vehicle Asphalt Bumper

Automotive tire Wheel Road surface Hood Asphalt

Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Gesture Window

Tire Hand Wheel Blue Hood

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Vehicle Plant

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Colorado Midnight Crew 3.6, 1.25" Trail FX level kit
206 Posts
I have the same cover and just removed it to load and haul. I am reinstalling tonight, will see if I have same issue and update you.

·
Premium Member
21 CCSB Canyon AT4 diesel
116 Posts
I really like it. I can see out the back window when rolled up. I've had it for a year, and still looks new (protectant 303 every car wash)

super easy to use, install is a pita.

works at -40 just the roll gets larger. doesn't like snow and ice build up, but my baby is garage kept

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Colorado Midnight Crew 3.6, 1.25" Trail FX level kit
206 Posts
When I re-installed mine it was not even in the back like your pictures. I noticed one side was difficult to clamp down in the back no matter how much I turned the handle extending the length on the threaded bolt. Then I noticed that one handle had positioned in the middle slot like first picture and the other side was not in the middle. After I moved it to the middle, both the back sides were pretty close to even then. I think if I took the time to further make fine adjustments by the back clamp handles moving both up or down the threaded bolt I could get it even closer. The cover was initially installed by the dealer or some third party. The front of the cover is evenly spaced from the cab also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 ZR2 V6 gas
463 Posts
Hey guys, so I recently sold my 2010 extended cab Colorado and upgraded to a 2022 crew cab short box, for the simple reason my family is increasing and cab sp
ace has become more important than it was. I decided to order a tri-fold tonneau from Bison tonneau, an Ontario company based in Ajax. They have good reviews and a friend had their backflip tonneau and gave a good review. I'm not sure how to explain why this happened but no matter what I did, the tonneau would not sit square on the bed. If I lined it up square at the cab end, the bottom was way off, and vise versa. I'm returning it and looking for another recommendation. Looking for soft tri-fold and not to spend an arm and a leg. My old one on my 2010 had the handles that folded up into the rails which is a nice feature I am not opposed to! The pictures may have loaded out of order but as you can see, using the lines on the side of the bed for reference, when folded up, the 2 sides line up perfectly with the outside line, as it unfolds, it's not close and looks very sloppy.

View attachment 434881
View attachment 434882
View attachment 434883
View attachment 434884
View attachment 434885
View attachment 434886
View attachment 434887
View attachment 434888
Congrats on new truck and family!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts