Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a Extang Solid Fold 2.0, which I think is relatively easy to remove. It has two screw clamps that attach at the front of the bed, and two spring loaded clamps that you would undo if you just wanted to open the tonneau. None of these things are theft proof, but I think this is probably more secure than a hard fiberglass lear that I had before, although probably not quite as water tight.

I think it is easy to remove and re-install. probably only takes about 2 minutes to remove it. I'm not sure about the weight, but I'd guess about 40lbs.

I've had it for 1.5 years, and so far, no complaints.

In my opinion, the best thing about the Extang, is that it does not require any extra hardware to be installed on your truck. Their are no extra rails or tracks, when you remove the cover, its like it was never installed.

On thing that might be a draw back for some is that it only opens 2/3 of the way, and you can't open it from the front, only the rear.

I paid about 700 for mine.

I would encourage you to visit several truck accessory vendors and try opening the different models and see how they attach to the truck so you can made the most informed decision.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.