Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Chevy Colorado LT 3.5L crew cab
I have a tool box Length 61.5" Width 21" Height 13"
I am trying to find a tonneau cover for the rest of the bed. I would prefer a roll-up or snap.

Any suggestion would be helpful, Thank-you in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Truxedo can custom build it for you. Contact a local dealer and it will be a special order - it will include a rail that buts up next to the tool box.

Atleast they used to make them - doubt they stopped.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looked at a ton of them today at a place called Cap City here locally. The owner who has sold them for 35 years said "They all leak" "if that matters to you" - Referring to the hard covers. He said the soft roll ups are the way to go. He saved me from spending 1200-1800 and sold me the new Tuxedo Pro X15 in canvas for $630 installed and saved me lots of $$$. I get it tomorrow so I'll post pics.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Looked at a ton of them today at a place called Cap City here locally. The owner who has sold them for 35 years said "They all leak" "if that matters to you" - Referring to the hard covers. He said the soft roll ups are the way to go. He saved me from spending 1200-1800 and sold me the new Tuxedo Pro X15 in canvas for $630 installed and saved me lots of $$$. I get it tomorrow so I'll post pics.
I've never been fan of the gent there, always had an annoying arrogance when dealing with him. My hard folders and hard roll-ups have been ~98% water resistant, when you take care how you install the seals. Also could have saved ya ~$150 on the top, with a little wait time. But hey, as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Welcome aboard, fellow Irma survivor.:wink2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bummer lol. Oh well. First time in there , Never had anyone talk me out of more expensive stuff before. He even talked me out of a K&N Air intake/Filter combo. Thanks for the welcome. Im ready for the next Irma with this truck

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on a gator tri-fold for about $260. I did a bunch of research first, and >95% of the people said they have experienced no water leakage when properly installing the cover. I was leaning towards a hard cover, but the difference in price was outrageous, and ive seen some soft rolling covers and they seem to have seams and dont stretch well after a couple years, but that's just my observations. Best of luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had 2 roll-up snap covers on my Dodge Dakota for 16 years. Never again. They shrink and are a PITA to snap down in the winter. Yes, they are adjustable. They Shrink. Too hot to handle in Florida. I have a soft tri-fold on my new Colorado and love it. Easy on and off if necessary. $260.00

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I had 2 roll-up snap covers on my Dodge Dakota for 16 years. Never again. They shrink and are a PITA to snap down in the winter. Yes, they are adjustable. They Shrink. Too hot to handle in Florida. I have a soft tri-fold on my new Colorado and love it. Easy on and off if necessary. $260.00
Welcome to C'Fans neighbor

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm also in Florida looking for a cover option. What cover did you end up going with? I figure this FL sun will dry them all, only a matter of time.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I'm also in Florida looking for a cover option. What cover did you end up going with? I figure this FL sun will dry them all, only a matter of time.
303 Protectant, and their line of products.
This stuff is the bomb for protecting weather exposed vinyl, and was born out of the marine industry. The sun will kill the rubber and adhesives before the vinyl using this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Truxedo do make the best quality tonneau covers. I've had mine on for over a year and not one sign of discoloration, tears, or wear. Even up here in the MN winters I haven't had any problems, most covers don't make it through the winters up here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bed Covers

When we bought ours, I had the dealer install a "Fold-A-Cover" segmented cover(hard) for $1100.00 and love it. It is supposed to support 300Lbs. has rubber gaskets which seem to keep the bed dry and will fold up to or against the cab. :smile2:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I ended up purchasing the BAK revolver x2 on black Friday, I like it. It's a hard roll up cover, very nice quality. Supposedly it can hold 400lbs of evenly distributed weight. Now looking for a way to lock/unlock the tailgate with the remote.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I ended up purchasing the BAK revolver x2 on black Friday, I like it. It's a hard roll up cover, very nice quality. Supposedly it can hold 400lbs of evenly distributed weight. Now looking for a way to lock/unlock the tailgate with the remote.
Same one I got.
Pop-n-Lock PL8140

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed the Tiger tri-fold soft cover and the Pop-n-Lock PL8140 on my 2010 4x4 that burnt up and installed the same on my 2017. Yes they keep honest people honest but at least it's out of sight and out of mind and looks good too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Compatible with bed rails?

Anyone know if truxedo rollup covers and the like are compatible with installed GMC bed rails? Some look like they will fit inside the rails, others seem to sit on top of the bed and the rails would get in the way.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Anyone know if truxedo rollup covers and the like are compatible with installed GMC bed rails? Some look like they will fit inside the rails, others seem to sit on top of the bed and the rails would get in the way.
I have the Truxedo Titanium and went outside to see how much of the Hand hold or rail pocket is exposed and it looks like it would fit as long as the bed rail does not need more than a 1/2 inch beyond the hole itself. There are Truxedo dealers all over the place, so I would recommend going by one of them for a measurement to be absolutely sure. My notes are based on the 2nd Gen, I have a 2017 and you did post this in the 1st Gen area and without any information about your truck in the signature block I don't know if you have a 1st Gen or 2nd Gen.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.