Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to outfit my 2017 Colorado long bed with a Tonneau cover and a utility/ladder rack. Is there anybody on here that has done this with success? I'm having trouble finding a Tonneau cover that works with the utility racks.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Welcome to C'Fans.
TracRac has an above the rails mounted track system that a couple folks have put a between the rails tonneau on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i'm also doing the research (mainly for a rack to carry bikes, etc) and there's a couple options
Pace Edwars Jackrabbit (retractable cover) with explorer rails
Pace Edwards Ultragroove, rails are built in (retractable cover)
Truck Covers USA American Rack Systems, rails compatible w/ yakima and thule extra, also retractable cover
Undercover Ridgelander with rails built in, and a rail system when you remove cover (1 pc hard cover)

Alternatives are a cover that doesn't cover the stake holes (such as Peragon, potentially) and either
Putco bars and rails meant for stock car rails, or
A stake pocket rack, such as https://www.usrack.com/responsive/galleon-truck-rack.php
or something home-made such as stake pocket mounts, some bar tubing, and a rack kit meant for permanent mounting, such as this image

·
Registered
968 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pro Z - Pro Fold should work

I have a 17 canyon crew cab with a short bed. the Pro Z pro fold weather strip comes up to the stake holes , but does not cover any part of them. The Gator Evo is the exact same cover, but I dont know if they make one for a long bed. I have the Gator Evo double fold and I love it.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Retrax will be adding a rail option to their covers that allow use of roof systems from Thule, Yakima, Rhino Rack, etc.

https://youtu.be/LvoAsmMZhOY

Reactions: Vartz04

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally got my 2018 GMC Canyon Denali with 5’ bed all setup for work with a bit of fanagleling. I ordered the Pace Edwards jackrabbit cover with explorer rails for the bed cover. I also order the tracrac sr rack system. I had to cut the two rails that the racks slide onto down a foot or so as well as drill some extra holes for additional bolt attachments to secure the racks and rail to the explorer rails of the bed cover. I then used 5/16 bolts with washers and lock nuts to fix the rails to the bed cover. Pretty pleased with it and get no movement what’s so ever.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.