Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m considering deleting Looking for what are the disadvantages ? And with whom to tune with? My truck 2018 ZR2 don’t care about warranty and not one to care how one thinks about EPA My truck has now started throwing the poor quality DEF threats

·
Registered
27 Posts
As far as I know motorops or hddiesel out of Canada are the only ones with delete tunes available to us in the states. Hoping that hddiesel gets the 2019s tunable soon.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The way the wind is blowing I think it would be unwise to delete a truck in America right now. Those of us that do have delete tunes are **** out of luck if we run into issues. As far as I can tell from posts on here and phone calls to a couple of tuners, the EPA has literally forbid them from even helping existing customers unless they are trying to get back to stock.

There are also rumors that the EPA is gearing up to go after individual customers with delete tunes using records gained from the tuners. This could obviously be just rumors, but there are confirmed cases where they did this for tractor trailer truck owners in the past.

I do not mean for any of this to sound alarmist, and I do have a deleted truck myself, but if I had a brand new Colorado diesel today with what is going on now, I personally do not believe I would delete it at this time.

I purchased a launch edition Gladiator with the 3.6 gas motor rather than waiting for the diesel option because I believe that the option to delete is going to be near impossible in another year or two and come with even more headaches than it does now.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I personally like my stock truck. No smell and the charging system works correctly. Also the warranty is still good. Early on deleting was more tempting when all those sensors were crap and leaving people stranded but after 3-4 revisions things look more reliable. For my truck I had nox sensor issues until the dealer put in the new model number and all is well

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so let me ask you are you able to get tunes that are emission on but have system that throws codes off? meaning the bullcrap DEF codes that count you down to 65 mph and such. Can they be eliminated?

·
Registered
802 Posts
What are actually experiencing personally. Does this have more to do what you've read about other folks problems and scared it will happen to you? I'm one of the folks that had a problem when I drove from Texas to Montana towing an Xventure trailer. I went to 3 different dealers and I was brought down to 35 mph while towing. I lost 5 days of my vacation due to no dealer able to fix the issues. On my second return to the last dealer, they were given a new update and I haven't had a problem since and it's been almost a year ago. Did you give your dealer the opportunity to fix the problems?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No. I had zero problem with truck up until now 54000 miles but now getting poor exhaust fluid 100 miles til 65mph. They gone away after awhile. But really it’s just a guess as to what the cause is. It can be 5-6 different issues. I repair my own vehicles would not use a dealer. Nothing against them but I can guess what’s wrong and change parts out too. Which is what a majority do. I just don’t want to be dealing with bullshit emissions codes in the future so I’m looking at all options

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P249d was my check engine code. Which you can clear but not the poor quality DEF in 100 mile limited to 65 mph

·
Registered
80 Posts
Don't delete until you have no warranty.. mine took a dump at the end of the warranty that had I deleted wouldn't of been covered. cost over 3k to fix. I'm not really confident that the truck will last forever so when the new Tahoe's start production I'm going that way, was going to get the new diesel but I am not sure that is the way to go. My Colorado was rock solid for a long time.. but my faith is dwindling.
HOLLYWOOD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts