Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would love some more info on dimensions. It will be useless for me to get something that will sit below the frame. I had been emailing them over the last few months and I was told they were considering, but not decided as of yet. As a side note, anybody run a titan fuel tank in anything else? What does your distance to empty reading do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure they already have an auxiliary tank for the bed. From what I understood, it will be a complete replacement tank. I wish there was a dual tank option or a spare tire replacement option. As for the tank going below the frame, I have no clue how exactly they plan to get the extra capacity, but clearance isn't one of my biggest concerns. I could accept a little lower clearance, as long as the gain was substantial enough to justify the loss

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Couple of ways to enlarge the factory tank, either more depth, putting it below the frame rails, or more length, pushing out to the empty space between the transfer case and the existing tank. There is something between the two that will need to be relocated, not sure what that is. Lot of weight on that side, then. Chevy lean's gonna be even more pronounced, but I'd prefer a longitudinal extension of the tank over a depth increase.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Where is the DEF tank?

It sure would be nice to have one of those stands to tilt my truck at a 45 degree angle when I want to work under it. Looks so much easier to work on. Could probably even take a lawn chair and sit down while I worked on it. Not sure about draining the oil for an oil change though.

·
Registered
748 Posts
So, I've been emailing back and forth with Titan fuel tanks, and they said we can expect to see the first replacement tanks on November 1, and they will be at Sema on October 31.
I'll keep my eyes open and hope its a larger replacement tank. I think those would sell well if someone would actually make one.

·
Registered
610 Posts
DEF tank actually sits right behind the drivers side rear shock, top mounting point. It is in the way but you would not know it until you tried to remove the upper mounting bolt! Oh man, gotta drop that DEF tank about 2" to pull out that bolt!

·
Registered
739 Posts
DEF tank actually sits right behind the drivers side rear shock, top mounting point. It is in the way but you would not know it until you tried to remove the upper mounting bolt! Oh man, gotta drop that DEF tank about 2" to pull out that bolt!
I did it without moving the tank when I swapped shocks. I didn't jump off a cliff, but I thought about it.

Also, to be on topic, I've wanted a Titan for a while and I've been waiting for it to come out. I'm on the hunt for 40mpg at 75mph, and with a larger tank my range would be insane. I get 26 in town right now, a 30 gal would get me 780 miles in town. My current highway mileage is 36mpg at 75mph, that's 1080 miles with a 30 gallon tank.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did it without moving the tank when I swapped shocks. I didn't jump off a cliff, but I thought about it.

Also, to be on topic, I've wanted a Titan for a while and I've been waiting for it to come out. I'm on the hunt for 40mpg at 75mph, and with a larger tank my range would be insane. I get 26 in town right now, a 30 gal would get me 780 miles in town. My current highway mileage is 36mpg at 75mph, that's 1080 miles with a 30 gallon tank.
Dang, 36mpg at 75 What are you doing that I'm not... I get 29-30 at 75 on the interstate.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
"2016-2017 Chevrolet Colorado, and GMC Canyon with Crew-Cabs, and Long-Beds and Duramax Diesel Engines."

Their wording is a little ambiguous, well maybe just that one comma. I sent an email to clarify. I was hoping it would fit crew cabs or long beds. I would think the market for CCLB diesel twins would be very, very small.

Edit: The photo on Titan Tanks website does show a CCLB

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I'd love to have one, I'm not going to lie.

But it's just not in the budget and frankly even if it was, it's not justifiable in my case.

But I can dream! And I'll buy any used one that ever becomes available that's for darn sure!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.