Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few minutes after leaving the parking lot of my office, the pressure sensor alarm went off on my 07 Colorado. I continued to drive trying to find somewhere safe to pull over and check the pressure. But before I could stop, the alarm turned off after about 2 minutes. When I finally stopped to inspect the tires, all of them looked fine. After reaching home, I decided to top off the air just in case but the pressure for a 4 were OK. It's been almost 4 days now and the alarm has not gone off. Could this be a bug or something ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
mine has did the same thing for about 3 weeks. i took it in and they told me that i had perma seal inside of them. if you put any sealer inside ur tires then it would not be covered. plus its like 90 bucks a sensor and then 25 bucks to relearn them

·
Registered
630 Posts
What you likely experienced was one tire being just low enough on air to trigger the indicator light. As you drive the tire pressure will increase as the tire temperature goes up therefore putting the indicator light off again. I had the same occur the day after I bought my truck, switched from air to nitrogen fills that same day & has not happened since.

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T USES TIRE SEALANTS ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE TPMS. You will likely damaged the tpms sensors & may also make your once repairable tire unrepairable (most sealants break down the tire inner liner softening the rubber compound & generally repairs will not stay attached afterwards).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts