Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, so i had my windows tinted for about a year now, and i wanted to know if anyone else rolling around with 5% tint has the same problem as me. My driver side window has been acting up, there are times when it will roll up and down smoothly, then there are times when i try to roll it up and it'll be stuck! I gotta pull the switch up and pull on my window glass to get it to come up. Anyone else has or had this problem, any advice, i don't wanna strip the tint, is there anything i can do to fix this problem? thanks..

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
tint is very very very thin, even if its expanded, so I doubt it would be a problem with the tint...

switz, why would it expand at colder temperatures? I thought it would expand at higher temps because of the heat causing the molecules to move around, and contract when its colder (crap. is this what GT has done to me?).

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
grandmastrblastr said:
tint is very very very thin, even if its expanded, so I doubt it would be a problem with the tint...

switz, why would it expand at colder temperatures? I thought it would expand at higher temps because of the heat causing the molecules to move around, and contract when its colder (crap. is this what GT has done to me?).
I had a buddy with a Maxima with tint on his fronts and his windows would struggle to go down during the winter usually at night. Could of been the motor freezing up, but who knows.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys, is there anything else i can do besides looking to replace the motor for the window?

·
Registered
309 Posts
thanks guys, is there anything else i can do besides looking to replace the motor for the window?
There aint no easy way to get around replaceing the window motor if its bad youll have to change it or just ride around with your window up and never roll it down. So if you want to be able to roll your window up and down get it fixed. 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah, it just freezes. It doesn't make any sounds, its just basically stuck, i don't hear the motor struggling at all. Then i would have to pull the window up while holding the switch to get it to come up..

·
Registered
285 Posts
Also I might add make sure that your windows and the tracks are clean I dont have power windows but this seems to make a difference in the amount of force it takes to roll my windows up and down. Also for a lil bit of protection I spray a light mist of interior protectant on a rag and run it inside the rubber tracks.

Hope this helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts