Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a buddy of mine from another website whip up a quick thing of what my truck could look like.

I'm thinking of painting the hood black, and getting the 3/4 lower.

What do y'all think?

My biggest thing is the paint scheme. Do y'all like the black hood, or should I go all out with a two tone paintjob? Yellow bottom, black top, limo tint windows.

NOTE: I'm not getting the paint done for a while, probably until late Summer, but I like opinions on things.

·
Registered
389 Posts
do and then get a sticker made that says "Bumble Bee" and put it on the back glass lol.

on a serious note, i dont think it would look good. but thats just my opinion, do what u like!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bbrownderville said:
do and then get a sticker made that says "Bumble Bee" and put it on the back glass lol.

on a serious note, i dont think it would look good. but thats just my opinion, do what u like!
That's the problem, I like both, lol.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i think black from the pinstripe down would look better then from the pinstripe up. yellow on black looks better to me then black on yellow.. if you get what im sayin.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Just a black hood looks like you wrecked your truck and put on one from the salvage yard and haven't got it painted to match yet. Go from the body line up for a custom look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bbrownderville said:
i think black from the pinstripe down would look better then from the pinstripe up. yellow on black looks better to me then black on yellow.. if you get what im sayin.
Well the thing for that is the tinted windows. When I get 'em done, I don't think yellow on top would look right with it. Hmm.. Maybe I'll have someone do both in photoshop, to get a feel of how it might look..

Oooh, maybe a silver pinstripe between the black and yellow that splits into a checkered pattern at the rear? That'd be pretty cool.

Ahh, so many things I'd like to do.. I really need more trucks and cars so I can do 'em, haha.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What about Rally stripes like the old yellow camaros had or the New 08 -09 Camaro

·
Registered
330 Posts
r890 said:
bbrownderville said:
Oooh, maybe a silver pinstripe between the black and yellow that splits into a checkered pattern at the rear? That'd be pretty cool.
Now that would be nice... I've seen some S-10s done up like that and they look good. I imagine a Colorado would look just as good if not better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stocklook said:
What about Rally stripes like the old yellow camaros had or the New 08 -09 Camaro
Not too fond of rally stripes. Just something about 'em doesn't get me going.

·
Registered
668 Posts
maybe the front bumper(not the piece around the fogs just the piece between there and the grille) and back bumper black and then if you got a body kit that was black and some black wheels, then some SS mirrors painted black and your handles painted black(i know they already are but a gloss black to match everything else)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the-grand-canyon said:
maybe the front bumper(not the piece around the fogs just the piece between there and the grille) and back bumper black and then if you got a body kit that was black and some black wheels, then some SS mirrors painted black and your handles painted black(i know they already are but a gloss black to match everything else)
That might be cool. I'll have to look at some images for that too. Photoshop.. here I come. hah.

And would you believe me that I just noticed my handles are black? For some reason, I thought they were yellow..

·
Registered
668 Posts
r890 said:
That might be cool. I'll have to look at some images for that too. Photoshop.. here I come. hah.

And would you believe me that I just noticed my handles are black? For some reason, I thought they were yellow..
I personally think it would, or maybe a ram air hood with some yellow accents in the ram part :D Lol you'd be surprised what ya look at after somebody mentions it that you didnt notice before

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the-grand-canyon said:
r890 said:

I personally think it would, or maybe a ram air hood with some yellow accents in the ram part :D Lol you'd be surprised what ya look at after somebody mentions it that you didnt notice before
That'd be cool. Maybe a tiny bit of yellow pinstriping overtop of the ram inlet as well if I can have the design laid out right. Hmmm. AHHH!! SO MANY IDEAS!! lol.

And yeah, you're right. Some things I've never noticed until they were mentioned. I'm not slow, and I'm normally really observant.. But for some reason.. eh.

·
Registered
120 Posts
abrrymnvette said:
Paint it black from the pin stripe up. Or do like a 2-3" silver stripe at the pin stripe then black on top.
I would agree either above or below the stripe, probably below in my opinion

1 - 19 of 19 Posts