Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought my 2005 Collie brand new, babied it to no end. I figured Id have it forever and 10 years later, the Gen 2s came out and I fell in love even more with my new one.

So, with roughly 78K, my son took it over (almost 2 years ago) He treated it the same way I did, and was asking me just the other day where to take it for a full detailing.

As he is a police officer and that truck is well known in my small Jersey town, the police called him up on Friday morning to tell him his truck had been involved in a hit & run.

You can tell by the pix, it still looked damn good for a 12 year old Colorado.

And yes, I know his inspection sticker is overdue.....you try telling your son/cop and see what kind of response you get.

No one was hurt (well, that we know of because...THEY RAN, the bastards) :evil:

Thankfully, he DID listen to me and still had full coverage through our insurance company.

Estimate should be done by Tuesday but my guess is close to $5k

The hood is tweaked a hair, the A pillar seems out of alignment, and there is a serious gap between the headlights and the fender.

And THIS boys & girls, is why God and the state of New Jersey doesn't allow me to carry a shoulder mounted rocket launcher. :serious:

Reactions: JBT

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When life happens...SMH.

Thank God everyone is okay.
Well, my son definitely is as he was sleeping at the time....but it appears it was a drunk driver due to the time of the accident (between 3-4AM) and they know what type of vehicle hit him due to the debris left behind from the other vehicle.....but who knows how banged up the other guy was since he didn't stick around.

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
Its fixable just hurts to see a well kept truck get damaged. All in all everyone is ok.

I'll donate the driver side mirror.

BTW we are having another truck meet at famous daves in a couple of weeks.
I can bring the mirror with me.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Im sure the insurance will take care of the mirror but, the Mrs has been complaining why we havent been back at Daves....their burgers really are GREAT !!! Count us in any time. :wink2:

And thanks James, appreciate the gracious offer as well.

Hopefully this time, certain other Jersey people will show up :::::::cough cough::::::

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.