Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a little Sqeacky noise coming from the rear of my 2007 Rado and took it to the dealer yesterday here in Florida where I live winters. Turns out it was one of the rear shock bushings and they refused to do anything about it as I changed the shocks when I got the vehicle, I dont like the factory shocks and like the monroe sensatracs a lot better, it just rides better. But wouldnt ya think they'd simply spray the bushings with some WD 40 or oil or something? So I had them put it back up on the lift and did it myself with a can of wd 40 I had in the truck, now no more sqeak when I go over bumps, hopefully wont come back after the first time it rains though, lol.

This is the kind of thing I dont like with the customer service you get at a lot of dealers these days, such a simple thing and it would have been good for customer relations, this is the kind of thing that makes me negitive on these trucks.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
You might want to try White Lithium instead of WD40 - more likely to stay in place whereas the WD40 tends to evaporate or otherwise wander off.

But yes - this is but one of the many things wrong with businesses in the modern day.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use to own a service station and I'd always give the customer good service and sometimes throw in extras for free, it made the customer come back and tell others my business was great. These days, its like they dont really care.

Ya, if I had some lithium I'd have used that, guess if it comes back again I'll do that, thanks.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
What erks me is the shop fee that places are charging, a wile bakck I was having wiper problems when it was rainning of corse, went to the next place I saw, and bought some they said they would install them for free, OK cool it's rainning, so I looked at the invoice and they gharged me 4.00 for shop supplies, WTH, Got my money back because it was a film on the windshield causing the blade chadder,

·
Registered
382 Posts
Been to the dealer myself more than I like within the past few months.All warranty work. First time for radio.I told them as an after thought that I blew two fuses on accident. They checked out the radio and replaced the fuses.I had to go back for the radio install because they had to order one. My kids and I waited patiently. The truck was coated with salt going in and they washed it after the install.
Point is they did a little extra and that goes a long way for me. Don't get me wrong, it's not always peaches and cream getting what you want done at the dealer and it's a business like any other, But to stay competitive they better have good customer service. There's a lot of dealers and shops that can fix cars.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Why would you expect a dealer to lube a shock that you replaced? If they did lube it for you and it started squeaking again you'd just bring it back in a few months, assuming they'd take responsibility for any repairs they made.
The dealer couldn't win either way!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I agree with Reno, the bushing wasn't stock so they have no reason to warranty it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
WD40 is petroleum based. The bushings are probably nylon or rubber with a petroleum base. WD40 will make them brittle. Use silicone spray.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reno753 said:
Why would you expect a dealer to lube a shock that you replaced? If they did lube it for you and it started squeaking again you'd just bring it back in a few months, assuming they'd take responsibility for any repairs they made.
The dealer couldn't win either way!
Ya, your probabley right, in todays age of A##%*[email protected]& why would I expect them to do anything about it?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Asking anyone in the business of customer service to go above and beyond is basically asking them to pull money out of their wallet.
Most have no problem taking care of their good customers, they look at the freebies as an investment for future profits and we all know that every business needs a profit to operate.

In this case, I'd say that if the dealer took the time to look at your squeak and found the problem, they did exactly what you ask.
Replacing a genuine GM part with another part because of your personal preferences is perfectly fine but to expect the GM tech to properly repair this item is totally nuts.

Sure he could have just sprayed some WD40 on it but what if it ate away the rubber?
He could have used some other type of lube but would that solve the problem or just put a band-aid on it?
He could have pulled the shock and replaced it but he sells GM parts and you've already voiced your dissatisfaction with the originals by replacing them.

Sounds to me like you need to ask Monroe to back their product, instead of asking GM.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've been in the car service business all my life and thats not the way I do things. Its no wonder GM has gotten itself in so much trouble.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Curt said:
Well I've been in the car service business all my life and thats not the way I do things. Its no wonder GM has gotten itself in so much trouble.
Thats nice you give away service, but don't expect everyone to. It's like me fixing someone's computer and not charging for it. It would kill my business if I did that since that is my business, same with the dealerships service dept. You added an after-market component and now want the dealer to warranty it? Really Curt you have to be out of your freaking gourd. Just lube the dang thing with lithium grease and be done with it. With all the time spent here complaining about it you could probably have done it three or four times now.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All I'm saying is that it was such a simple thing and out of respect for good customer relations they should have just sprayed it, takes about 30 seconds. They could have said if it comes back you'll have to deal with it yourself since its an aftermarket part, but this will get rid of it for now, thats all. Simple.

This is the very reason I go on rants about GM and will continue to do so along with a lot of other people, their customer service sucks.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Well I figure out of respect for paying so much I am entitled to free oil changes too. Hmm... see where this is going.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have free oil changes for the life of the vehicle from the dealer I bought truck, I do it myself because its not worth the hassle to go to them.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Curt said:
I have free oil changes for the life of the vehicle from the dealer I bought truck, I do it myself because its not worth the hassle to go to them.
And taking it for them to lube a shock bushing is??????????

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is the type of customer that makes you have chills when they walk in the door. His mind is set and if you don't do exactly what he wants, your an a**hole and your service sucks. If you don't say what he wants to hear, your being rude and uncooperative.
Logic and reasoning carry no merit.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
i always have gotten decent service from my dealer. there have been a couple of misunderstanding but all in all im happy.

i would not expect them to fix a problem from an aftermarket mod or part. where would you draw the line if they started doing this. and it would only stand to reason at some point the cost of this is going to be passed along to everyone who buys a gm product.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: This is the kind of stuff that irritates me with dealers

Curt said:
I had a little Sqeacky noise coming from the rear of my 2007 Rado and took it to the dealer yesterday here in Florida where I live winters. Turns out it was one of the rear shock bushings and they refused to do anything about it as I changed the shocks when I got the vehicle, I dont like the factory shocks and like the monroe sensatracs a lot better, it just rides better. But wouldnt ya think they'd simply spray the bushings with some WD 40 or oil or something? So I had them put it back up on the lift and did it myself with a can of wd 40 I had in the truck, now no more sqeak when I go over bumps, hopefully wont come back after the first time it rains though, lol.

This is the kind of thing I dont like with the customer service you get at a lot of dealers these days, such a simple thing and it would have been good for customer relations, this is the kind of thing that makes me negitive on these trucks.
you've really outdone yourself with silly posts with this one. Negative about these trucks because they wouldn't take care of a problem with an aftermarket part you put on?? The Dealer must hate to see you walk in.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep, everything is about the Stealership and the poor poor workers being abused by the customer, thats why you guys are going down bigtime, more and more dealerships closed, closed, closed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts