Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question. I just had my headliner replaced by the dealer (after they damaged it) and I just noticed that when I press the brakes the third brake light on top of the cab is shinning through the headliner. It's as if there should be something between the headliner and brake light that the dealer didn't put back in. I've never noticed this before so I'm not sure if it's always been this way or if I just now noticed. Here's a picture looking out the back. It's hard to tell because it's dark but the light is shining through the headliner. It looks like just a reflection in the photo but it's actually shining through. Is this normal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have never seen that on my 2018 Colorado and I don't think it's good that the light is shining through! I'd go back to the dealer and see what happened. But maybe open up the third brake light housing and see if anything is missing before you head over.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
Easy way to know if it's working.
Id be kind concerned about water intrusion.

Reactions: DiamondDaveNM

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I'd definitely be taking that back... They forgot something...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
It's the new night vision saving night light. After multitudes of complaints of the lame bright incandescent interior lights, they multitasked the high center brake light to placate. It also doubles as a water supply for cold brewed coffee, with a defective shut off. Pick your poison on fixes.?‍♂

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,734 Posts
Like was said before, something was missed. The 3rd brake light in these trucks is technically an exterior mounted light, so it should not be seen illuminating inside.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked up there with some daylight and I think I may be missing part number 6 in the drawing. It's not clear in the drawing where that will go. I also have two blue clips that don't seem to line up with the holes in the roof panel. I can see the back side of the brake light so that's not good.

Could somebody take a look up their headliner and let me know what should be there? A picture would be helpful too.

Also, don't take your truck to Roger Dean for service.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I've owned both a 17 & 18 Colorado. Neither of them had light shining through the headliner.

SIGH Once again, somebody honked up and easy fix. No wonder service departments are always getting questioned about the simplest things. In many cases not only is the issue not fixed it's made worse!

Sounds like from what I've read you could teach then a class on how to follow simple directions. Problem is, many of them could not find their own ass with both hands.

Gusto!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts