Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone, remember to lift up the back corners of your truck's carpet and check for water. I got lucky and found the leak before mold set in. I was cleaning my truck when I decided to tuck away part of my remote wire that was sticking out a little. The very back surface of the carpet felt slightly wet, so I lifted up the carpet and it was dipping, soaked from front to back (mainly the insulation). I had to take everything out and hang my carpet out to dry with some fans on it, it took three days! The gasket around the third brake light had moved some and water was getting in through there. I took some pictures and while my truck was naked I decided to install a sound deadener, I used fatmat (which I later found some negative reviews on, positive too) and lined the truck with it. I used a torch to make sure it sticks, and so far I am extremely satisfied. Now that I have my truck put back together. My entire system sounds 110% better and louder! I also replaced my speakers with a brand that my local audio shop started carrying and swears by, Arc audio. I have to say that these speakers are awesome, crystal clear, and only lack the amp I am saving for. I have some pictures and will have them up tomorrow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How did you make sure it stopped leaking? Just wondering so I can check my truck when I get it. Is it something you can see?

-Geoff

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could see it in my case, just by looking at the top of the light. The gasket had dipped down in some spots. If you take it off it is real easy to tell. I took mine off ran some silicone around it and put back on, worked great and you can't see the silicone when you put the light back on. After I fixed it, I had to ride around in my naked truck for about a week waiting for my fatmat to come in. Before i fixed it and i had the floor out it rained one night and my truck was full of water. once fixed it stormed alot and i never had one drop of water.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts