Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

521 - 538 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Yes! It’ll be out in January.

I would absolutely buy the gas and Red Hot again, but I’d get the Bison this time. :grin2:

Ugh, that godawful chrome line in the headlights looks extra shitty with the rest of the chrome gone and the modern brushed aluminum of the Bison bumper. ANZO or Spyders should be OEM equipment on these.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am going for diesel. Looking for the mpg benefits when towing as I need to move stuff around. As to color, I just hope that the blue is available when it comes out...

Chevy should offer an exclusive color only for the Bison. My vote would be Mojave sand color like on the concept. Dodge is doing this color on the 19 power wagon and its awesome.

Reactions: Therby and wachuko

·
Registered
703 Posts
A forum member was able to place an order today, but no pricing yet...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #526
I just read that Chevrolet and AEV announced yesterday that the ZR2 Bison will cost an additional $5,750 over the standard ZR2. That means that the total price for the V6 models, including destination charges, will be $48,045 for the extended cab and $49,645 for the crew cab.

Reactions: madcratebuilder

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #527 (Edited)
I used the online build and price tool to configure a Red Hot ZR2 Bison. Just for grins, I built it with the bed-mounted spare tire carrier, sport bar and lights to see how it would look. I might have to Photoshop a snorkel into the pic later.

Attachments

Reactions: joMONgi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up a 2018 white dusk edition ZR2 for 39500, has nav and Bose, going to pick it up the 6th! Couldn’t believe the deal I got!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Owner

Hello, Everyone. First, thanks to all of the posters to this thread, and others in the site. I looked/lurked/researched/drove a number of makes before settling on the ZR2, and the commentary here cemented my decision.

Took delivery of my '19 ZR2 yesterday. Black/black, V6, Bose/Nav. For what I'm going to use it for, the truck is a little bit of overkill. But IMHO it simply drove much better and looks much better than any of the competition. I thought about waiting for the Bison, but that's really overkill and I also like the way the "stock" ZR2 looks (with the exception of the grille, which when offered from AEV will be ordered and installed).

I'm not planning a huge build, but expect I'll have a level and a tonneau on it soon (considering the Undercover ArmorFlex). Those plus the catback (due to be installed later this week) will likely complete this rig for me.

Thanks again to all the posters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not too much going on tonight, so I started looking at the 2019 ZR2’s online. I found one at a dealer in Iowa in the “Crush” (orange) color. Besides the new color for the ZR2, changes that stood out in the photos are the new Infotainment system with HD radio, heated steering wheel, two headliner microphones, and two USB ports and an SD card reader at the front of the console. See the link below for the listing on cars.com.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/744469649/overview/

I hate how the dealerships add up all the GM discounts not everyone qualifies for and then minus if from the msrp like your getting some kind of great deal you probably wont get anyway. :?

·
Registered
110 Posts
:surprise: I started my 18 Z71 3.6 V6 at -38 degrees this morning. :surprise:
It started with a little groan, but not much. (OK, it was plugged in for 4 hours):wink2: Drives like a frozen brick of molasses, but it did move my wife and I to our work in town. ::chevy::
:grin2:We hit an record low of minus 43F last night. :wink2:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #532 (Edited)
ZR2 Turns Two

I took delivery of my 2017 CCSB ZR2 two years ago today. The truck is an early-build (May 2017), ordered on GM’s first day of acceptance in March. I currently have 2,890 miles on it (not a daily driver). It got a bath and will get its second oil change in the next few days.

The vehicle has been great so far and I’ve had no issues with it other than a defective console switch bank, which made for unreliable engaging/disengaging of the front/rear lockers. The switches were replaced and have worked flawlessly since.

It’s hard to believe this is already going to be my third summer with the truck. I hope everyone else is enjoying their ZR2’s as much as I’m enjoying mine. :grin2:

Reactions: madcratebuilder

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I took delivery of my 2017 CCSB ZR2 two years ago today. The truck is an early-build (May 2017), ordered on GM’s first day of acceptance in March. I currently have 2,890 miles on it (not a daily driver). It got a bath and will get its second oil change in the next few days.

The vehicle has been great so far and I’ve had no issues with it other than a defective console switch bank, which made for unreliable engaging/disengaging of the front/rear lockers. The switches were replaced and have worked flawlessly since.

It’s hard to believe this is already going to be my third summer with the truck. I hope everyone else is enjoying their ZR2’s as much as I’m enjoying mine. :grin2:

I took possession of my ZR2 a month after you did and I have rolled up 4K miles. I had a defective lifter replaced at about 500 miles, been 100% since. Tune and gears have made it a different truck. Life long gearhead I've owned 10 second street cars and 500in BBC 4X4's, this truck is the most fun I've ever had on wheels.
::chevy::

Reactions: ZR2 EMT

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #534 (Edited)
The 2020 Colorado configurator is now live on chevrolet.com. For grins, I configured a gasoline 2020 ZR2 Bison with the MSRP totaling $56,030.

I’ve still not decided if the jump to a 2020 from my 26-month-old 2017 ZR2 is worthwhile or if waiting for a refresh would be better. Besides the Bison package, I’d be gaining heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, updated Infotainment system with HD radio, 6-way power driver seat, two headliner microphones, tire fill alert system, automatic tailgate locking and the updated transmission fluid.

The configurator pics make it tempting. :)

BBF98C38-1CCA-471A-BC16-3384E3A81086.jpeg 1DB64C85-B954-489B-8BCA-F9A2E9595CAB.jpeg AE9AAFAC-8EF0-425F-AA60-547EB0C3861E.jpeg EA04C8FA-8B51-4456-BB2C-4324028491B4.jpeg

Reactions: JBT and CO_Texan

·
Registered
105 Posts
so....... I traded my 2019 GMC Canyon Denali (Satin Steel Metallic) for a 2019 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Kinetic Blue Metallic.....

I absolutely loved my canyon, but was at the dealer and thought hmm what does this zr2 do....

the ZR2 is amazing!!
will be adding rooftop tent and offroad recovery gear soon...and hopefully the bison front and rear bumper eventually.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
Why did this thread die??
I’m not sure why it died, but as the OP, I‘m resuscitating it back to life. 😎

2021 ZR2 and ZR2 Bison Pics: The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado website for all models went live yesterday, with these and other pics, plus the “Build & Price“ feature for the entire lineup.

The high gloss black aluminum wheels are available as a $2,025 dealer-installed option (different than those included on the ZR2 Dusk and Midnight Special Editions).

Link: 2021 Chevy Colorado | Mid-Size Truck | Diesel Truck

521 - 538 of 538 Posts