Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2016 Colorado with the bose sound system. As I was driving this morning I heard the base suddenly cut out and it won't come back on. I went into the audio settings and the base is completely out. Has anyone else had this problem? I bought my truck new in January and only have 9000 miles. I'm going to make an appointment with the dealer next week but the sound system sounds horrible now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't checked under the hood yet. Yeah there is little to no base at all. I heard it cut off for a split second it sounded as if the speaker blew but the speakers seem to be ok just no base. Treble still works though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I previously had a 2011 mustang gt with the shaker 1000 and I had that car for almost 7 years with no problems whatsoever. One of the things I love about my Colorado is the sound system which sounded as good as the shaker but now....

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Well if the base is only missing on the sub start at the fuse and power connection under the hood. then then check the connectors under the dash.

If they are good check the connection on the speaker box.

Also check the harness connection under the dash to make sure it is connected and the power line is connected.

also check the ground on the dash.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
The rear door speakers provide the bass unless you have added a licker of some sorts. Sounds like it's a amp problem, the dealer well probably replace the amp.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have noticed in GM radios including the Colorado it goes from sharp treble sounds to mediocre muffled sound and back. Until radio warms up at least. Does anyone else's do that? I used to travel and rent cars seen it a lot before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I have noticed in GM radios including the Colorado it goes from sharp treble sounds to mediocre muffled sound and back. Until radio warms up at least. Does anyone else's do that? I used to travel and rent cars seen it a lot before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have the 7 speaker Bose system in a extended cab, no sub and I'm very happy with it sound over all. Sound changes for better or worse depending on the source.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so much for your input. It's probably an issue with the amp. But the weird thing is it's working again. Weird...I had one other issue so far regarding the infotainment system. The head unit went completely black one night sitting in my garage listening to music. I had had the truck maybe a month with around 1000 miles on her. The next morning it worked fine again and since then has not reappeared. At the time I was chalking it up to being a GM vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.