Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
It’s not a pickup truck. It’s a SEMI.....
Maybe try reading the article and looking at the pictures. It's not a semi.

I feel like this could devolve into another "The G80 isn't a locker" thread, though... :rofl

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Musk briefly showed crowd attendees a somewhat odd concept of a pickup truck big enough to carry a traditionally sized pickup truck. As Musk intimated, the design is essentially a mini version of the Tesla Semi.

there, now you don't have to read the whole thing. . lol

Reactions: MV10

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Electric Motors is the way to go but there is a major problem, how to get the juice to them. There is not a feasible way to do it with present tech. The Battery deal is a dead end. Musk is a high end con-artist, a leech, a parasite that feeds on Gov Subsidies of "Green Energy". I do not give 2 shites on what crap he is pitching. BTW, how the Tesla Bonds are working out for him....

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...obile-gws-wiz-hp.....3..41j0i131.v9T/1IIphDQ=

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Electric Motors is the way to go but there is a major problem, how to get the juice to them. There is not a feasible way to do it with present tech. The Battery deal is a dead end. Musk is a high end con-artist, a leech, a parasite that feeds on Gov Subsidies of "Green Energy". I do not give 2 shites on what crap he is pitching.

Yeah, that sums it up about this snake oil salesman. They can't even figure out how to build the Model 3 and now he's pitching a Pickup Truck and a Semi? In fact I don't think he can build anything unless prospective suckers, sorry, buyers, front him the money, like they did to try and acquire the Model 3...

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Electric Motors is the way to go but there is a major problem, how to get the juice to them. There is not a feasible way to do it with present tech. The Battery deal is a dead end. Musk is a high end con-artist, a leech, a parasite that feeds on Gov Subsidies of "Green Energy". I do not give 2 shites on what crap he is pitching. BTW, how the Tesla Bonds are working out for him....

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...obile-gws-wiz-hp.....3..41j0i131.v9T/1IIphDQ=
how long has Tesla been in the red? Seems like forever.

Do you mean the battery technology isn't good enough yet? Or never will be?

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
As someone that has multiple close friends that own one or more Tesla vehicles each and who love them as well as the level and quality of customer service when repairs are needed, the “snake oil” claims are unfounded. The cars exist, they perform as promised, there are Supercharger stations across the country.

Snake oil? Ummm, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Shockingly strange.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
It is not a semi or a pick up. It is a photo and will remain one for a good while and maybe forever.

Musk is in deflection mode with the 3 failing in production start up. Tesla has lost 1 billions on last quarter 1 Billion this quarter and is expected to lose another billion next quarter before they get the 3 production rolling at any decent rate. These kinds of losses can take years to recover and they ar3 not in a position to do that as each model has funded the next.

The 3 failure is from the lack of money from the X that has not brought the expected income. Now the 3 is not bringing enough to fund the next projects.

To cloud things Musk deflects and that is what this truck does as well as a roadster that is years from production if everything still goes right.

Tesla was a tech company that is trying to pretend to be a mfg.

Apple looked at doing a car and changed their mind as they are not a mfg. they design the electronics and software but let others make the parts and assemble them. That is why they are worth a trillion dollars.

As of now I would not hold my breath on these concepts unless someone comes in and pays Tesla to complete them.

Note other mfg are doing the same kinds of product too for the near future.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sophisticated aerodynamics = good. Long overdue.
Coal fueled vehicles = not so good. Unless you are a member of UMWA.
The coastal eco elites love electric power as long as the coal fueled power plants are not in their back yard.
The limiting factor with electric is current day battery technology.
There is a lot of energy to be yet squeezed from the combustion engine.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The cars exist, they perform as promised, there are Supercharger stations across the country.*
When I go to the Fuel Station, I have to pay for the Fuel, right? Question, The drivers pay for the Electricity? Energy is not free in this universe.

As I said before, not against electric vehicles. What I am saying, is not a self sustainable business and to make it "affordable" the Tax Payers are picking up the difference.

The future is on Fuel Cells, not Batteries.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
When I go to the Fuel Station, I have to pay for the Fuel, right? Question, The drivers pay for the Electricity? Energy is not free in this universe.

As I said before, not against electric vehicles. What I am saying, is not a self sustainable business and to make it "affordable" the Tax Payers are picking up the difference.

The future is on Fuel Cells, not Batteries.

Use of the Supercharger stations isn’t free. Owners do get a credit, but once that credit is used up then they have to pay.

https://www.tesla.com/supercharger

I don’t disagree about electric cars not being the future, the electricity has to come from somewhere and if it’s not from a renewable source then the pollution is just being moved to somewhere other than the tailpipe.

Biofuels and hydrogen fuel cells are where the focus should be for sure.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Electric is part of the future. The future will be made up of many different technologies.

The technologies that dominate will be those that do not altere our life style.

Also cost.

Electric expensive to buy long to recharge vs gas.

Fuel cells expensive and filling is hard to find and takes time.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Hydrogen filling stations will be hardly any different than stopping for gas.

Reactions: greco2003

·
Registered
915 Posts
Wrightspeed has a better system, in my opinion (diesel-electric). Look it up. I don't know if they have any plans to scale it down to pickups, though.

·
Registered
915 Posts
The reason that Diesel Electric works so well in Trains, Ships and Subs is, they are not going on stop and go conditions. They go most at the time at a constant speed.
Actually, the reason the Wrightspeed system works so well economically is because it is used in medium trucks with frequent starts and stops. Whether it can be scaled economically to heavy trucks or down to pickups is not yet clear.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.