Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
No. I think it's fugly too.

Calling everyone who likes it an "idiot" makes you a boomer.

As they teach in elementary school - don't yuk someone's yum. It reeks if ignorance.
The fact that 165k people are willing to put money down with a company known for lies and missed deadlines on a vehicle that isn’t manufactured yet makes them idiots.
I would be proud to be a boomer if I was of that generation as my generation makes me sick to my stomach, so thank you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
@matto how does your 3 drive in the winter? Do you just take the truck? I've held off on test driving/owning because I need a reliable 250 miles in one day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
It drives great. The awd system is really good. But it does suck battery to heat the cabin and it seriously cuts into the range. It also drains battery as it sits because the car tries to prevent the battery from freezing. So if you park it at the airport or a friend's house in winter, the battery is a lot lower when you return.

Winter driving is the biggest weakness of the vehicle for sure. It's fine for medium-length daily commutes in winter or even long trips if you're willing to stop at super chargers more often than you normally would. I drive mine to work any time the roads are clear, but drive is 60 miles round trip. For a 280 mile day with no charging in between? No way. Half that, and sure.

I drive the truck any time there's snow or salt on the roads, any time the vehicle will sit outside for extended period of time, or any time I want to go long distance without charging.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Could definitely understand “that’s ugly and not a truck” reactions but there’s weirdly some anger mixed in haha....

If you like it, your eyes are pretty different from mine and it will be a while before you can get one, but I hope you enjoy it when you get it.

If you don’t like it, that’s cool - the fact that some people do means there are fewer potential buyers for what you DO want and allows your next truck to sit on the lot longer and get marked down.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The fact that 165k people are willing to put money down with a company known for lies and missed deadlines on a vehicle that isn’t manufactured yet makes them idiots.
Again with the criticizing something that brings people joy just because you don't understand it. Tsk Tsk.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm assuming that boomer means baby boomer? Is there a problem with being a boomer or did I miss something?lol

·
Registered
125 Posts
Maybe check your sources again lol
and just because somewhere is incorporated doesn't make it a big city...

The term "urban" as used in population statistics is misleading. A small town with 2,500 people is considered urban, and about 80% of the "urban" areas in the US are small cities and towns with less than 20K people...hardly a majority living the big city life and dreaming about Tesla Cybertrucks...lmao
I live in a condo in city of about 200,000 people. I would not be caught dead in that fugly POS.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It drives great. The awd system is really good. But it does suck battery to heat the cabin and it seriously cuts into the range. It also drains battery as it sits because the car tries to prevent the battery from freezing. So if you park it at the airport or a friend's house in winter, the battery is a lot lower when you return.

Winter driving is the biggest weakness of the vehicle for sure. It's fine for medium-length daily commutes in winter or even long trips if you're willing to stop at super chargers more often than you normally would. I drive mine to work any time the roads are clear, but drive is 60 miles round trip. For a 280 mile day with no charging in between? No way. Half that, and sure.

I drive the truck any time there's snow or salt on the roads, any time the vehicle will sit outside for extended period of time, or any time I want to go long distance without charging.
sounds like my Volt, it did not like the winters

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm assuming that boomer means baby boomer? Is there a problem with being a boomer or did I miss something?lol
It is now being used as an insult...I personally take it as a compliment as my generation makes me sick.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It is now being used as an insult...I personally take it as a compliment as my generation makes me sick.
Personally, I'm an old gen x'er. Didn't know there was anything wrong with being a boomer though. Must be a new millennial thing I guess... I gotta get with the times! lol

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Personally, I hate apple products and refuse to use them. But they do have strengths that a lot of people appreciate.
I wasn't serious about my cult comment, but I sort of agree with your analysis of the two (Apple/Tesla). The main benefit Apple has over Android is longer update periods. Android left Apple in the dust a long time ago otherwise, but people still do "appreciate" them notwithstanding. I hate them due to the lack of choice. I can barely stand my Tivo for the same reason.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hahah. No, there's nothing wrong with being a baby boomer. Or old. But the meme / catch phrase "OK Boomer" took of recently.

To quote wikipedia:
"The phrase 'OK Boomer' is a pejorative retort used to dismiss or mock perceived narrow-minded, outdated, negatively-judgemental, or condescending attitudes of older people, particularly baby boomers."

·
Registered
72 Posts
Funny is, why people own cars? Is about freedom, to be able to go anywhere, whenever we want. Having OnStar is like having an Ankle Bracelet like in house arrest. Freedom has its price, security is delegated to you. But you cannot have Freedom and Security at the same time.

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

In the way things are going and all the Sno Flakes, ANTIFA and the likes, you might need an Armored Pick Up Truck. Maybe this guy is selling such vehicle for the "Rich" so they do not get mugged.
So...you're good living in a world where ya need an armored vehicle to run errands and shuttle kids to practice and the like...or are ya just another prepper/MadMax wannabe?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Does it heat the batteries only under a certain temp? Around what temp is it, 32 deg? or is the heat proportional to the temp? I guess I need to look that stuff up.
I believe that is correct, when off/in garage the Volt uses its resistive heater. The Volt has a very complicated cooling system, with 4 separate circuits and radiators (electronics, A/C, transaxle and engine). Because resistive heating takes about the same amount of power as driving the car, they recommend having the car plugged in when it is below 32F so the battery isn't depleted. When on/driving, at 32F and below the range extender kicks in periodically to create engine heat so electricity isn't wasted. I think it only heats below freezing, and the rest of the time it cools. Not sure how the Bolt handles cold weather, but the cabin heater in the Volt was anemic and when it was below freezing I would be lucky to get 20 miles on the battery. A regular warm day I could get about 35 battery miles from it before the range extender kicked in.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate everyone's opinions in this thread, no mater how ignorant or intelligent it was.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts