Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,009 Posts
I can't find a thread that has those pics posted. Do you guys know which it is?

I thought maybe this one but it's not there. There are discussions but none with the sensor photos.
http://coloradofans.com/forums/169-2nd-gen-appearance-body/221345-installed-light-bar-bumper.html
I think this may be the thread you were looking for. I don't remember this one specifically, so I think there might be others, but merging these two would be a great start.

(FYI: I searched on "outside temp" with the quotes in the 2nd gen forums.)

http://coloradofans.com/forums/201-2nd-gen-electronics-audio-lighting/215009-what-picture-included.html

·
Premium Member
10,751 Posts
That is the exact thread I was referring to. Funny too how the title is the same name as this was (before this was renamed)!
I didn't realize it was so old though.

Thanks Cary.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thermometer sensor location?

Hello all,
Now that high temps in my area are hitting the 90's I'm curious where the thermometer is located. Is it in the same housing that has the light sensor in it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I "think" it's right between the grill and the bumper, see pic. I'm not 100% certain as to what that do-hicky thing is but I think that's the thermometer.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I "think" it's right between the grill and the bumper, see pic. I'm not 100% certain as to what that do-hicky thing is but I think that's the thermometer.
I thought that was the "Hey jackass! You're about to rear end someone" sensor, but I could be wrong or maybe it's both, but I would think that would get cooled down by the wind when you are moving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cobalt555,

I found this thread, realize it is a bit old but ...

Did you put a light bar in the location you mentioned, ie, where that sensor sits? I was thinking doing the same, thinking of one of the new Rigid Radiance series light bars. I've seen others mounted there. Just curious if you did, what you used, how you mounted it, if you like it, etc.

Thanks!

Potholes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could it be the air bag sensor? I guy I know *cough* (not me of course) meddle with one on his car front end, and set the air bag off. Although it was an 2005, and they might have changed how they do that now.
It's not an air bag sensor (I think called an SDM). Too dangerous to be out in the open like that. One rock hit and "poof" your air bag goes off while driving down the road.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I thought I had heard it's an ambient temperature gauge?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sensor in front grill

I have a 2016 Z71 Diesel and was wonder what the sensor under the grill is for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ambient air temperature sensor

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
36 Participants
JBT
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing