Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of making my own dry/wet shot sytem and was thinking you could tap that spacer.
Has anyone done this?
Is it thick enough for a nozzle?

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
A few have done it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I have seen a few people do this they are accually making Throttle Body Spacers with nozzle holes already tapped. I was going to do this untill i decided not to spray my truck. Its accually a really good idea because you dont have to cut a hole in your intake and if you wanna take off the spray you wont have a random hole in your intake....In my oponion i would go with a wet nitrous system..But overall i would use a TBS for nitrous

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with hash. Go wet or don't get nitrous at all. Dry shot runs way too lean. You can even cheap out on the spacer since it doesn't help any by itself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i didnt want the TBS fo power lol, just thought it would make a sneaky fogger plate set up. I would need a hard bed cab first.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i meant i am full aware that the TBS is an expensive well its reall exactly what is says it is lol

a throttle body spacer....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ColoradoKid121205 said:
joshweaver said:
yeah i meant i am full aware that the TBS is an expensive well its reall exactly what is says it is lol

a throttle body spacer....
key word being SPACER!! :rofl
Yeah, you can't claim false advertisement there!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah they work well with carbs becuase you can keep the fuel bowl(s) a lil cooler which in turn keeps a cooler air/fuel charge.
With direct injection no need, keeping the butterfly cool????? roflz

·
Registered
222 Posts
problem with that...is most nitrous companies state " place your nozzle 6"-18" from throttle body." and the spacer goes behind the throttle. it is always good advice to listen to the installation INSTRUCTIONS...they were writen for a reason. i thought about doing that 2 years ago when the TBS became popular. its a great idea but i have my nozzle about 8 inches up wind of my throttle for good atomization of the nitrous/ fuel mixture. over all i wouldnt recomend it. i great power out of my current set up and have no need to move the nozzle that close to my valves.

·
Registered
222 Posts
hashnrown1087 said:
Try it see how it works!!! i dunno i hear what your saying chopperkid....instructions were put there fora reason but rules were made to be broken
i was thinking about it. but there is not realistic place for me to place the nozzle. i could put it towards the front of my TBS but it would put my lines all twisted up. if you put it in the top, your lines will hit your hood (unless you have a sweet cowl hood) long story short..breaking rules can break your motor. dont fix it if it aint broke.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
chopperkid13 said:
hashnrown1087 said:
Try it see how it works!!! i dunno i hear what your saying chopperkid....instructions were put there fora reason but rules were made to be broken
i was thinking about it. but there is not realistic place for me to place the nozzle. i could put it towards the front of my TBS but it would put my lines all twisted up. if you put it in the top, your lines will hit your hood (unless you have a sweet cowl hood) long story short..breaking rules can break your motor. dont fix it if it aint broke.

Yeah you have a point i guess just got witha standard WET system then i believe its really easy to run a wet system on our trucks theres a schrader valve on the fuel line where you can just screw a fitting onto

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah you have a point i guess just got witha standard WET system then i believe its really easy to run a wet system on our trucks theres a schrader valve on the fuel line where you can just screw a fitting onto
Good to know

1 - 19 of 19 Posts