Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 2 inch lift in rear from shackles and new shocks, and front from a tb crank. But i have heard that 2 inches ins quite a bit to expect from a stock tb setup and that they will probably snap, is this true?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Mine are over 2 inches and 64,000 miles later, still fine...

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
x2.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i have never heard of a t bar snapping!!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Saw one snapped on a VW once :lol: But there are lots of guys on here with 2" extra height from the TB adjustment. That's what I had at first -- took 7 turns and that was all I was willing to go. One of the things that motivated me to go ahead and spring for the lift kit was that, after several months, my CVs started occasionally popping when the wheels were turned to full lock and the suspension flexed. But that's the only problem I had. If you think about it, at rest there shouldn't be any more torque on the TBars with them cranked. All you're doing is changing the angle of the adjuster cam, which then changes the angle of the lower control arm. I suppose, if you bottomed the front suspension, you could overtwist it though. Just don't thrash it and you should be fine :D

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
To stop the popping just drop the front diff. Mine went away as soon as I dropped it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That's right coyote, that would have solved the problem. But it made a good excuse to take the plunge :twisted:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Just wanted to let the new guy know. :) Didn't want to scare him off.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Roger that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts