Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i want to take the emblems off my truck and give it that clean look. What solvants do i use and what is the best way of taking these off? :?:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont have nails so what can i use to peel it off with out damaging the paint? Do you think a rubber scrape that you use for window tinting would work.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have read that dental floss right down near the paint works to more or less saw thru the adhesive to paint interface. Carefull, Carefull use of a plastic or nylon scraper might work with out scratching surface. Warming the surface with a heat lamp would help soften adhesive but do not get paint too hot.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Fishing line x2

just saw back and forth put the line between the emblem and adhesive, use a hair dryer to heat it up a bit, makes it easier

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just did it its about 55 here so the heat gun worked good just had it on low and use fishing line and finished with goo be gone it looks really nice after i detail this week end ill throw up some pics thank for it all this sites the best on the net for Canyon's and collys

·
Registered
324 Posts
Does this work as well for the dealer stickers or will the blow dryer work by itself?

·
Registered
562 Posts
You can also use an old credit card or something like that and WD-40. and a hair dryer. The hair dryer will loosen the sticker so you can peel it off and the WD-40 will slowly dissolve the glue while you scrape it off with credit card. Won't scratch the clearcoat. But on some glues its takes a lot of spraying and gently scraping the layers off as they dissolve.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I must have been lucky, mine just peeled off super easy. I was able to re apply them, hence the name of my truck in my sig block.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've always used a hair dryer to get the dealer stickers off and then goo gone to remove the residue, followed by a quick area wash to remove any goo gone residue...always worked like a charm for me...

·
Registered
383 Posts
To remove larger emblems that are stuck on with tape, use fishing line and the residual adhesive can be removed with a rubber wheel that you buy at auto body shops. It takes the residue off with no marking. The rubber wheel can also take off stickers without leaving residue or marks.

Here's what the wheel looks like:
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/sgt17900.html

·
Registered
324 Posts
Took all but the Z71 off mine this weekend, just a blow dryer and fingernails they came right off and left no residue. :D Even took the little GM emblems off the doors. 8) Does the door molding come off as easy I am debating on doing that but I sure will be mad at myself the first time I get a door ding? :twisted:

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
googone, let it sit for 5 and go crazy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts