Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the Plastic cap on the tailgate. I`m going to spray monstaliner on this weekend. Looking for a clean install. Thanks:surprise:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have as mine was installed crooked. I took off the tailgate panel, used a panel removal tool and lifted up on the part that runs the entire length of the inside of the tailgate. It's held on with two faced tape. As I worked from one side to the other I pushed the clips on the inside. Be careful, aggressive panel tool maneuvers will gouge up the plastic on the tailgate protector. After that you will need to remove the adhesive from the tailgate protector and use 3M Automotive tape to reinstall it afterwards. http://a.co/gf2H67J

Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a tonneau on and discovered the cheap plastic tailgate protector was bowed up in the center on my new '17 Z71 short bed. Took it back to the dealer and their service department tonneau expert said the protector wasn't put on correctly after the liner was spayed and who did the liner? I replied Chevy did. He said he would order a new cap because removing these usually destroys them.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.