Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2005 black extended cab Colorado and I want to put a JL system in it. I want to go with 2 w7 10s and then I am not sure on which amps to buy from JL as well. My question is what would be the best way to put them in the truck? I want to try and keep some of the back seat accessible. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
First of all...Welcome to the forum and you have come to the right place. Just about everything has been tried so we are here to help.
Consider the fact that you will need room for amp/amps along with two 10" subs...I'd say you are going to have to sacrifice somewhere.
Look around here and you will find a lot of ideas. Look in my gallery for something I did a while back for two 8's and two amps.
Although it will not work for 10's. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey man im new on here but i wanted 2 keep my back seats 2 but i just went n got 2 w7 8s w/ a 500/1 and hey hit just as hard as my 1 12 w7 on my 500/1 n my truck i just had the boxes built so they were low enough 4 ppl 2 sit on its a lil uncomfertable but atleast u can still sit back there ill post pics 4 u wen i figure it out lol ill look into it 2day

·
Banned
433 Posts
Neal said:
I recently bought a 2005 black extended cab Colorado and I want to put a JL system in it. I want to go with 2 w7 10s and then I am not sure on which amps to buy from JL as well. My question is what would be the best way to put them in the truck? I want to try and keep some of the back seat accessible. Does anyone have any ideas?
if you are running 2 10w7's then jl 1000/1 or 2 500/1. As for mounting, i have no idea as i have a reg cab but im sure there is some room. I have 2 12" memphis but with that w7 mounting depth, good luck finding room for 2 without giving up seat space.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thanks guys. I think I will end up having only two choices. 1) I can get the set up I want but have to back seat which is what my old truck was essentially so it won't really make a difference. I am only 18 and I don't have a family yet so I don't think seat room is really important. Or 2) Go a little smaller and just have an decent system ans still be able to take people places. I will have to think about it but thanks for all your help and if anyone has any ideas or pictures please send me a link or how ever we do it on this site. Sorry I am new to this site but it seems to be very helpful already.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Here what I was talking about for the two 8's and two amps.

[siteimg]19189[/siteimg]

·
Registered
510 Posts
in my opinion two 10w7's are a waste of money. dont get me wrong, jl makes great stuff and i used to have some in another vehicle, but there are so many more companies that make speakers and amps for a cheaper price and you will end up with the same quality. pushing 1000 watts in an extended cab is alot as well. you can get two kicker 10" l7's for cheaper than one 10w7 and kicker l7's put out more wattage. i mean if your set on jl then get em, but you could save some money else where.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know what you mean... JL is pretty expensive so I have thought about other companies. One thing that is really important to me is sound, obviously, and I have heard both subs before and the JL seemed to have a more crisp sound than the Kicker. I am still debating. I may not end up with JL, I just like them because the way there bass sounds is awesome, but I have been a Kicker fan almost all my short life. Thanks guys keep the ideas coming.

·
Banned
433 Posts
imo, kicker is just about being loud and nothing else. I dont think the sq of kicker is any good but just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts

·
Banned
433 Posts
haha soundsplinter now that is some good ****, forgot all about them. IF i had the room , i would run RE like i did in my jetta.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts