Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there are probably hundreds of post on whats the best suspension lift, but after chasing all the threads down im getting a headache. whats the best bang for the buck for a 3 to 5 inch lift. sorry for the thread but a man can only read so much.

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
You can't go wrong with Rancho, Skyjacker, or CST. The first two offer 4" lifts and the last offers 5". That is just suspension.

Performance Accessories offers a 3" body lift.

OR you can go with a 2" lift that uses some longer rear shackles and crank on the torsion bar a bit if you have one.

The best is going to be up to you. If you are actually going to use the lift and need the clearance, go for a suspension lift. If you are going to just use it for asthetics, go with the body lift.

You can combine the two as well if you are wanting more lift than what is offered. There are guys here running 35" tires on 5" CST lift and a 3" body lift.

Obviously, best bang for the buck is going to depend on the price you can find for said lifts. You can always find deals, you just have to keep your eyes open. Good luck man and feel free to ask anything if you need the help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, just trying to figure out the best deal, i have a 2 wheel drive z71 and always had 4x4s, just love the looks of the lifts thanks again, ill keep my eyes open

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
These 2WDs can go a lot of places.

If you are needing the clearance for offroading, go with a suspension lift.

If you just want to simply sit higher, go with a body lift since it is cheaper and can garnish nearly the same effect.

Mix and match the two if you are wanting higher than that. I for one will be doing both a suspension lift plus a body lift in order to go as high as I can in the future. That might not be what you want it for.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I think I read a post on here the other day that CST was out of production on their lift. I think for suspension lifts you're going to be pretty well limited to Rancho, Skyjacker, or Tuff Country - all 4" I believe. Last spring when I did mine, Rancho was the best price. Hard to say now. Look at this thread too.

http://coloradofans.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

1 - 5 of 5 Posts