Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got an 06 regular cab ZQ8 with an aluminum 5.3 and a magnuson supercharger. A couple years ago I made the mistake of buying some strut assemblies off eBay and they kinda messed up the handling of the truck. The truck is kinda bouncy, sways, and unstable and it looks like the truck is slightly higher in the front than the rear when originally the ZQ8s had a nice forwards rake. I think the aftermarket struts are too stiff or too high for the ZQ8. I’ve also got CalTracs in the back with stock 120k mile ZQ8 rear shocks and ZQ8 rear leafs. I had the rear shocks out and they still compress and extend so I’m thinking they’re fine?

I wish I could buy all new 2009-2012 5.3L ZQ8/Xtreme front struts but they’re no longer available :(. So I was thinking of doing rear QA1 adjustable shocks, and either QA1 or Belltech front coilovers and I’ll probably replace the front control arms with Moog while I’m in there, along with swaybar bushings and endlinks.

I do not plan to lower the trick AT ALL. I’m perfectly content with stock height.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts