Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive put on a set of E rated 265 70 17's, bilstiens, and ride rite air springs on the rear. Ive got a matching size spare on the way soon, and a camper being installed on 12/1:)

For those who have upsized to the 265 70, has anyone recalibrated their speedo to the new circumference? Im sure it can be done, Im just starting to research it locally. My tire OD and the weight went up 1.5" and 20# each (a lot) and everything is out of whack accordingly, trying to get a better fix on mpg, been calculating by hand but forgetting to most of the time before zeroing the DCI trip counter.

Whos done it? What were your experiences and costs? Did any old speedo and gauge place work?

·
Registered
802 Posts
For me, I used my Diablo Sport Trinity Tuner, adjustments for tire size are part of the features.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was looking for what us normal folks without the tuner computer have been doing. Its been a long time since Ive had a speedo calibrated and technology has come a long way since then, still trying to ascertain whether there are many shops left that do this sort of work, let alone on newer cars with all of our newfangled computers. Lots of people upping their tire sizes but not hearing of anyone adjusting their speedo to match. It looks like a get crap for mpg right now even though I know its not a true number.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Yeah, I was looking for what us normal folks without the tuner computer have been doing. Its been a long time since Ive had a speedo calibrated and technology has come a long way since then, still trying to ascertain whether there are many shops left that do this sort of work, let alone on newer cars with all of our newfangled computers. Lots of people upping their tire sizes but not hearing of anyone adjusting their speedo to match. It looks like a get crap for mpg right now even though I know its not a true number.
the easiest/cheapest way i found was a Hypertec programmer made just for this purpose. The stupid thing costs 200 bucks though. And like said above, if you want to go the tune route for another 100 or so you can get a tuner that will do it also.

Reactions: madcratebuilder

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats definitely cheaper than the diablo, and what I was envisioning a shop to charge. Ill look into that one, thanks!

Reactions: White016
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.