Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
@maxwell_hau5_caffy
Any thoughts if I can keep all the ZR2 plates and just add 3 and 4?
Problem with that is the skids wont mate up. The zr2 skid is flush with the crossmember, while the #3 and #4 superskidz mount to a bracket that puts the plate a hair lower to maintain a straight line across from front to rear.

This picture show's how the superskidz mount.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’m interested in equipping my new truck with these. My only question is to anyone who uses these and tows. What effect does the front/trans pan skid have on cooling? Is there increased trans and engine temps with the plate on due to restricted normal airflow exits? Hope this makes sense. TIA

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
What effect does the front/trans pan skid have on cooling? Is there increased trans and engine temps with the plate on due to restricted normal airflow exits? Hope this makes sense. TIA
nothing significant

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do I buy these skid plates are these the same ones on ebay,,I have after market front bumper (ADD Stealth Fighter)and need to cover the oil pan, transmission and transfer case
Plus nowhere on here has any cost been mentioned ,,do we get maybe a better price for member discount?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
How do I buy these skid plates are these the same ones on ebay,,I have after market front bumper (ADD Stealth Fighter)and need to cover the oil pan, transmission and transfer case
Plus nowhere on here has any cost been mentioned ,,do we get maybe a better price for member discount?

The ZR2 package on Evil bay is what you want. Three plates, Fr diff, eng/trans and xfer. Fit and finish is great, includes all hardware. I think the aluminum plates (3) for the ZR2 is 899, sometimes on sale for 800.

Ebay link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Colorado-ZR2-SuperSkidz-Skid-Plates-2017-to-2019-GMT700/352122631085?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok thanks I have order the new skid plates

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of the ZR2 front skid with the new holes that need to be drilled? I have rack time scheduled coming up and want to have the ducks in order.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Question how long does it take to get these once order I ordered plates #2#3#4 10/25 /2018 from ebay credit card has been charge. they said there was 10 in stock

·
Registered
26 Posts
That was fast got text they are on the way thanks James

·
Registered
176 Posts
Superskidz fuel tank skid plate

Superskidz is taking preorders for their new fuel tank skid plate, anyone know the price?

·
Registered
26 Posts
James,,,,Please add me to the list for the gas tank skid already have #2,3,4,

·
Registered
176 Posts
well just ordered #2 #3 #4 and the fuel tank skidz...haven't told the wife yet....lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have seen the full diesel zr2 superskidz setup with the fuel skid and it is good. It does exist.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
anyone knows if James still producing skid plates?
I did pm and no response?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
He went mia about my tune last year as well.

Took forever for him to get back.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts