Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey guys, if you are driving a gas engine truck and want a #2 Skidz plate with oil drain access port I have a clean unit I am willing to forward to you for just the cost of shipping.

James sent me the correct plate for the diesel engine truck so I have this nice pull off that needs a home! Just send me your shipping address via PM and we can work it out.

Seems a waste of a good bit of protection so hope someone can use it.
Thanks James!
Do you still have it available?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Super Skidz

Well, put my order in for all four skid plates (#1,#2,#3 & #4) with James at SM. I decided on the raw color (Non Painted) for all 4 as I plan on having all the plates sprayed with Line-X. James told me they will be able to ship by next Friday so I will have them here in plenty of time before the truck arrives so I can get them sprayed. I have to say James is a really good guy to deal with and he answered every question I asked him. These are going to look great on my truck and will be extremely functional as well. I will take pics after they are sprayed with Line-X and post them here in case anyone else is interested in doing the same thing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Installed my supers skids today on my ZR2 :)

Wasn't that bad to install. Only thing the normal Colorado have a steering gear cover and either the zr2s don't or mine didn't come with it. So had to drill 2 holes in the front zr2 skid to bolt up to the oil pan plate.

Here's some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Back 2 Skid Plates

Can I install the back 2 skid plates and keep the factory front skid plate for the ZR2? Looking to protect the transmission and have better protection for the transfer case. Will be looking for the fuel tank skid plate also.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Can I install the back 2 skid plates and keep the factory front skid plate for the ZR2? Looking to protect the transmission and have better protection for the transfer case. Will be looking for the fuel tank skid plate also.
I think you need plate #2, #3 and #4. You need to drill 2 holes in the ZR front plate.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Any input steel vs aluminum? I know steel will be tougher, but anybody ever ruin an aluminum plate? I'm getting closer and these skids are on my short list

·
Registered
292 Posts
Any input steel vs aluminum? I know steel will be tougher, but anybody ever ruin an aluminum plate? I'm getting closer and these skids are on my short list

Steel is tougher, heavier, and more heavy duty but will rust if not taken care of.
Aluminum is lighter, lighter duty, but don’t have to worry about rust.
I personally have steel because I have a little more piece of mind w it being heavier duty and I can take care of it to keep rust away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I meant I’m going to have to meet up with you and check them out on your truck. I’m also in Concord

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ok. So I need to order these in aluminum... Does anyone know if the gas tank plate is available? Im going to try calling tomorrow if my toddler boss slave driver gives me a few moments to get a total price so I can lie to the wife about things.
I mean openly and truthfully order toys and keep her 100% in the loop.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ok. So I need to order these in aluminum... Does anyone know if the gas tank plate is available? Im going to try calling tomorrow if my toddler boss slave driver gives me a few moments to get a total price so I can lie to the wife about things.
I mean openly and truthfully order toys and keep her 100% in the loop.

I'm fortunate my wife doesn't know a lot about trucks, however she knows a lot about me, so trying to pull off a scam (I mean tell her the truth) is leading to my success rate getting lower.....:wink2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Steel is tougher, heavier, and more heavy duty but will rust if not taken care of.
Aluminum is lighter, lighter duty, but don’t have to worry about rust.
I personally have steel because I have a little more piece of mind w it being heavier duty and I can take care of it to keep rust away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you doing to take care of the rust? Debating between the two myself.

·
Registered
292 Posts
What are you doing to take care of the rust? Debating between the two myself.

Steel wool to remove rust when it pops up and repainting the spot w any kind of rust preventing paint. I just check when I change my oil, so far I’ve only had surface rust on the edge of the oil drain access door and no where else.

·
Registered
18 Posts
SuperSkidz Differential Skidz Plate 2nd Gen GMT700 2015+ Colorado & Canyon Trucks

Price $285.00 usd includes shipping to ALL USA & Canada

Any update on the fifth skid plate?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would like to order some aluminum skidz for my ZR2. Do I just need plate 3 and possibly 4? Or do I need 2 as well? I haven't looked under my rig in a few days but I think 1 and 2 in this photo are already covered by the ZR2 stock plates?

·
Super Moderator
643 Posts
I would like to order some aluminum skidz for my ZR2. Do I just need plate 3 and possibly 4? Or do I need 2 as well? I haven't looked under my rig in a few days but I think 1 and 2 in this photo are already covered by the ZR2 stock plates?
The ZR2's come factory with the #1 and #2 equivalent skid plates. If you were to bolt #3 and #4 to it, it should, in theory work but I'm not 100%. It depends on where the factory skid ends (highlighted in yellow in the photo). Can you take a look under there and post a pic for me?

My fear is that if you do that, the OEM ZR2 skid will not line up evenly with the Superskidz.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts